finally got my Jimny :D

WinchesterDave

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoy your car, I'm sure you will be happy with the vehicle.

I've just bought another brand new Jimny this is my fourth, I think they are great for shooting, off roading etc, They are like Marmite - you either love them or hate them!

I find them thirsty if you exceed 60, and the tax is expensive for a 1300cc.

Enjoy your car, I'm sure you will be happy with the vehicle.

I've just bought another brand new Jimny this is my fourth, I think they are great for shooting, off roading etc, They are like Marmite - you either love them or hate them!

I find them thirsty if you exceed 60, and the tax is expensive for a 1300cc.

cheers :) I'm sure I will:) the new ones are great I sat in one a few weeks back with the grey alloys etc.

oh right I didn't know that, cheers for telling me

Nice motor mate!

I'm assuming you haven't already but think about getting some 4x4 driving advice \ tuition \ experience under your belt before you get too adventurous off road as they're pretty narrow (which can be a huge advantage) and, as someone else has hinted, they're not difficult to roll. Don't let that worry you, keeping it upright is mainly common sense but it's not hard to get caught out if you do the wrong thing.

Enjoy :good:

Nice motor mate!

I'm assuming you haven't already but think about getting some 4x4 driving advice \ tuition \ experience under your belt before you get too adventurous off road as they're pretty narrow (which can be a huge advantage) and, as someone else has hinted, they're not difficult to roll. Don't let that worry you, keeping it upright is mainly common sense but it's not hard to get caught out if you do the wrong thing.

Enjoy :good:

cheers mate:))

yes I do want to get some experience most certainly, I know 'kankku' lake district offer full day experience's with your own vehicle I might look into doing.

Thank you for the advice I appreciate that a lot 👍

atb WD

Time passes slowly when you're looking at the clock... :lol:

the truth in that haha...

It is a great feeling when you know that you are getting your first own car, especially when it is one that you really wanted.

It looks great, have fun and be safe :)

it sure is I can't wait :) thank you very much.:)

You may notice a single clunki sound when you first move off in forward or reverse, it's nothing to worry about as they all do it, even my new one. I've been told by Suzuki UK that's it's something to do with the ABS engaging.

Edited by browning123

Chuffed ya bud ya first car is and will be the bees knees, mine was a Datsun 120 y. Jcb40s. Bought it 30 years back ,

You will want a vitara next lol

Maybe we should have a thread about "first cars"?

Mine was a Standard 10, starting handle in the bumper, top speed about 60mph. Had an MOT at a cousins garage who told me never to sell it with his name on the MOT!, Brakes only worked on the left side, handbrake was a brick on a string lobbed under a wheel. First time I jacked it up the jack came up through the sill. Still, I had it for nothing and it lasted a year! :lol:

Well,today went perfect :) the garage done it up nicely and it looked really.smart, everyone loves it and I've only just stopped driving it.... lol... and ermmm I found some mud and it's muddy...a bit ;) I've loved my first day of my first car

Atb wd

Great - Hopefully you can find some snow to test it out :) Edited by humperdingle

Dave I can safely say the Jimmy is one of the best 4x4 you can buy they may not have the noreriety of land rover but they can out perform then on a standard spec and I can vouch for that as I have had a few Jimmys and a few land rovers they are like a faithful dog if you look after them they will look after you.just keep good quality tyres on it.

Dave I can safely say the Jimmy is one of the best 4x4 you can buy they may not have the noreriety of land rover but they can out perform then on a standard spec and I can vouch for that as I have had a few Jimmys and a few land rovers they are like a faithful dog if you look after them they will look after you.just keep good quality tyres on it.

yes they certainly do seem good, I'm on road tyres atm Till they run them selves down, but found a nice grassy embankment I thought I'd test low range out and all I could think was, that's bloody impressive it's been raining and thought it slip...not one wheel slipped and it pulled straight up :)