Help needed tough decisions to make

michufc

Hi to all I am extremely stressed out at the min I have three spaniels and recently I have been extremely busy with my business and working very long hours which means I have not been able to spend much time training and getting them out. I have two young children as well so with the little time I do have I need to spend time with them. Now I am considering re homing two of them as the third would be with my wife but she can't handle all three. The two that I am considering are very keen workers and just need there training finishing off so would suit obviously a working home. Now don't get me wrong this would brake my heart and will see a grown man cry but I am trying to do the best for my friends.

Now please don't give me a load of abuse over this I just want some genuine advise I am in a bad place at the min

Cheers mike

At the end of the day it comes down to the dogs welfare and if you are unable to keep them mentally and physically excersised then the kindest thing to do is find them a new home. I cannot see why anybody should give you any grief-your dogs lives will be better and its a no brainer-it wont be easy though :unhappy:

I agree , you obviously have the dogs best interests at heart and rightly so , better for them to go to a home where someone has the time to spend with them.

I would advise that if you do let them go then vet the people / homes they are going to as best as you can as all too often people have their own best interests at heart rather than the dogs.

Sounds like you have too many youngsters on the go at the one time? And it does becomes very difficult to balance work, family and time needed for a young dog, never mind two or three at the same stage.

It will be hard to move them on, but as said you can get more dogs in years to come, you can't replace time with your family.

Thank you I think you are right I need to do what's best for my dogs and give them the life they deserve. If I had more time they would both be at a very high standard

Would it be best to put them in the others section or in this section anyone

Cheers mike

Would it be best to put them in the others section or in this section anyone

Put them in others with very honest descriptions of their abilities and a fair price to the right home. If you are on FBook there are a couple of closed groups for buying and selling dogs, PM me if you want more info.

Could you afford to send them away for a few months to have their training professionally completed ?

It could give you time to think of all the options , you circumstances may change a little in that time, if you still had no option but to let them go they could be sold on as fully trained .

They are lovely looking cockers.

I wish I could afford to send them away for training but it is just not possible due to finances being very tight with having two little ones. I love all my dogs very much and it will be a massive wrench when the go.

When I get home I will be putting them up for re homeing I will give a honest description of them both and it's really not about the money I just want what's best for them as they have so much potential

Thanks everyone

Mike