cheap hide poles

I'm having one go at doing it cheaply, after my email was ignored by a local metal fabricators I've found and bought these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181704444127?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

What I'll do is get a mate to cut and weld them together, so rather than having 10 short I'll have 5 long. Might work? They've not arrived yet.

I've got 10 of these in the garage if anyone wants to give me a tenner for them?

I can't believe you lot go to all this trouble when Morrisons sell washing line supports for £2 each and with a length of paracord and a tent peg you have a very strong and stable hide.

I've got 10 of these in the garage if anyone wants to give me a tenner for them?

Will you deliver? :lol: :lol:

So this is what I've ended up with after buying those fence pins off ebay.

<script pagespeed_no_defer="" type="text/javascript">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=5f5f307ad7d0496d43691264b8059d79&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=306878&p=2806487&md5check=86561eb2c9cb71be09dcbdde05c002ed&isRte=1,l8PuqRhht8,true,false,8ujkH1HE4pA'); //]]></script>20150419_172609_zps2a6tnjsp.jpg&&0

20150419_171316_zpszhg8ih8i.jpg

My mate has a welder and angle grinder so we cut and shut them to about 6 feet in length each. On one we kept the loop so it can be used to hang a rubbish bag off in the hide, slight mistake on this one as the top hook should face the other way but it won't really matter. With the remaining hooks we cut off they were welded onto the bottoms as a foot rest to push into ground, another loop was made from an off cut.

I was thinking of spraying green and brown to add to camo effect.

Not used them yet but I'm happy with 5 poles for around £16 and a few beers.

And yes I know they will be a ball ache to transport :yes:

Edit: I forgot the photos.

I suppose they look ok, but I wouldn't have anything other than lightweight adjustable poles.

Don't bother to spray them, the pigeons won't mind them the way they are. I think we all get a bit hung up with the whole camouflage thing.

I suppose they look ok, but I wouldn't have anything other than lightweight adjustable poles.

Don't bother to spray them, the pigeons won't mind them the way they are. I think we all get a bit hung up with the whole camouflage thing.

Pigeons won't mind but the rust stains on your hands that may transfer to yout gun, clothes and equipment won't be nice.

I can't believe you lot go to all this trouble when Morrisons sell washing line supports for £2 each and with a length of paracord and a tent peg you have a very strong and stable hide.

Will you deliver? :lol: :lol:

I'll deliver them as far as I can throw them.

I've also got 50 meters of orange site netting and some 5ft wooden steaks that I used with them to cordon off an area of the garden when I had my GSP pup.

Long shot I know but if anyone local has a need for it drop me a pm.

So this is what I've ended up with after buying those fence pins off ebay.

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=cca1dda295523b3ef4cd20ad33dabbdb&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=306878&p=2806487&md5check=a5ee949b32c868a77a23065978eb5490&isRte=1,l8PuqRhht8,true,false,VfJU2cT54vw'); //]]></script>20150419_172609_zps2a6tnjsp.jpg&&0

20150419_171316_zpszhg8ih8i.jpg

My mate has a welder and angle grinder so we cut and shut them to about 6 feet in length each. On one we kept the loop so it can be used to hang a rubbish bag off in the hide, slight mistake on this one as the top hook should face the other way but it won't really matter. With the remaining hooks we cut off they were welded onto the bottoms as a foot rest to push into ground, another loop was made from an off cut.

I was thinking of spraying green and brown to add to camo effect.

Not used them yet but I'm happy with 5 poles for around £16 and a few beers.

And yes I know they will be a ball ache to transport :yes:

Edit: I forgot the photos.

looks like the pigeons have already been there :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

pound shop do cans of black paint :good:

• 1 month later...

Just bought 4 (2x2) 2.5 metre extendable washing line poles from Amazon.

£7.99 for 2 and P&P free.

Obviously the will need a spike in the bottom, but sure something can be fabricated easily.

Can NEVER have too many hide piles, especially in the North where the wind always blows strongly