SKB trap 885 target 12 gauge

SKB trap 885 target

£800

12 gauge Shotgun Private Seller
Used - Excellent Condition Hednesford, Staffordshire
Over and Under, Multi Choke, Multi Choke, 30" barrels

Description

This is a superbly engineered and quality Japanese made shotgun with a

lovely grained and dark coloured woodwork (Grade 3).

(Unfortunately the photos do not bring this out too well).

Indeed I only bought this gun because of its looks and engineering quality.

Unfortunately, as I am not a clay shooter and the time I do have, I use firearms

and this gun just sits in its cabinet. It has had very, very little use.

Make no mistake this is a top engineered, high performance competition trap gun

and this particular gun, I'm pretty sure retailed at just under £2,400 seven or eight years ago,

I would rate it on par with any sub £3,000 gun out there.

Comes complete with six chokes.

This gun is being sold by Pigeon Watch member Copperkins. Message them here

As a matter of fact it is impossible to see the woodwork as I am such a computer dipstick, I cannot fathom out how to load the photo thingy. However, my Grandson will do it for me tomorrow "when he comes home from infant school" :/

Forgot to mention it is the side plate model

Edited by copperkins

Bought an SKB many years ago by mistake but the quality amazed me-easily on par with a Browning costing 3 times the price, sold it when I simply had no choice over 15 years ago and its still going strong as the day it was new-still, in fact, looks like new-amazing guns.

Is it remotely like this ?

I dont think so - the advert says grade 3 - Hamster's picture, although not that clear on my computer, appears to show a far higher grade wood than that.

All things being equal this gun appears extremely good value at £800. They are well built. SKB is very popular in the USA. Spares availability is said to be good in USA. You should be aware that SKB has shut up shop in Japan circa 2009/2010 - some Turkish outfit "akus" has done a deal with SKB in america. For what I am not sure.

Edited by joecash

GUN SOLD TODAY!....06-03-15......... Bruno22rf, totally agree. Hamster, that looks like some quality woodwork to me, It appears to be the same model but your woodwork looks grade 5. There is the same gun for sale at Doveridge, obviously has had some life, £1295. mine is in far better condition ( as the buyer and myself compared both guns) then we compared the new Browning`s, Beretta`s etc :no: I genuinely believe that these brands are now made cheaply and down to a price and instead of buying a new gun I will be searching for high grade gun maybe 10 to 30 years old.

I (and the new owner) stand by my original statement, this quality of wood, metalwork and engineering is as good as any sub £3k gun out there. pictures are still on Guntrader

NOTE! I do not wish to offend anyone, what you read of my posts is just my opinion, If you have one of aforementioned Beretta, browning, ect, guns and you shoot well and love the thing, I am really pleased for you. that is what it is all about!

Edited by copperkins