Help!

Gaz9243

Hi,

I have recently started having issues with my air rifle or scope. Webley venom sidewinder / hawke scope.

It's alway been quite accurate until now, and I'm now getting a grouping of about 9" at all ranges. I have tried tightening everything up, but still no better.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Gaz

Take the scope off and try it on a different gun or put a different scope on the webley.

Has the barrel taken a whack?

Check the power of the gun. If it's all over the place, that could account for it. a seal might have gone somewhere/valve sticking.

It may have also taken a knock to the magazine or loading mechanism. If it's crushing pellets when they're being pushed into the breach, then that'd do it.

If you have a silencer, that could have taken a knock, so take that off and see if it improves. the pellets could be clipping the silencer.

if it's the scope, and it's not an expensive one, just ditch it and get a new one. you could send it off to be repaired, but the chances are it might not be worth it.

hope that helps! where are you mate?

Take the scope off and try it on a different gun or put a different scope on the webley.

Has the barrel taken a whack?

Check the power of the gun. If it's all over the place, that could account for it. a seal might have gone somewhere/valve sticking.

It may have also taken a knock to the magazine or loading mechanism. If it's crushing pellets when they're being pushed into the breach, then that'd do it.

If you have a silencer, that could have taken a knock, so take that off and see if it improves. the pellets could be clipping the silencer.

if it's the scope, and it's not an expensive one, just ditch it and get a new one. you could send it off to be repaired, but the chances are it might not be worth it.

hope that helps! where are you mate?

Not a lot to add to that , I dont suppose you have put oil down the barrel or such like ? , my first thought was check without the silencer if it has one.

im based in Chorley mate. I have thought about a possible seal problem, as I it has had one before. Just worried about having it confiscated if it's over by the shop.

Hadn't thought about the silencer, so will check that tomorrow.

How would I check the pellet tho?

Thank you for the reply!

I had the same problem and it was the silencer the pellets were catching the side of it on there way out, I just drilled the hole through the silencer out slightly, it solved the problem and didn't effect the performance of the silencer either.

The gun I have is a Logun axsor (webley) I don't know if your barrel is the same but its in two parts as in an outer and an inner, inner part on mine was very slightly over to one side and not quite central inside the outer part causing the pellet to strike the silencer on its way out, once I had drilled the silencer it was fine .

Time of the month evo ? :)

how did you guess ???:lol::lol: :lol:

take the silencer off,,then check it,,,for accuracy

cant see it being your pellets,,,

if you are worried about taking it to a gunsmith (because of power ) then my advice to you is get it on a chronograph straight away because you need to know just what power it is throwing out,,by the sound of it ,, it is running over power which is the reason you don't want to take it to a shop ???

is it really worth doing 5 years jail ??? it is YOUR responsibility to ensure it it under 12ftlb and no-one else,s

hope ya get it sorted

how did you guess ???:lol::lol: :lol:

take the silencer off,,then check it,,,for accuracy

cant see it being your pellets,,,

if you are worried about taking it to a gunsmith (because of power ) then my advice to you is get it on a chronograph straight away because you need to know just what power it is throwing out,,by the sound of it ,, it is running over power which is the reason you don't want to take it to a shop ???

is it really worth doing 5 years jail ??? it is YOUR responsibility to ensure it it under 12ftlb and no-one else,s

hope ya get it sorted

Sorry should have been clearer! The rifle is still under warranty, but the shop I bought it from has no chrono at the moment, so would have to get it checked elsewhere. Don't know where I would stand if they confiscated it. Hence trying to suss the problem before I take it in.

I had to return it 18month ago, due to shooting under power. So it's all factory set!

Sorry should have been clearer! The rifle is still under warranty, but the shop I bought it from has no chrono at the moment, so would have to get it checked elsewhere. Don't know where I would stand if they confiscated it. Hence trying to suss the problem before I take it in.

I had to return it 18month ago, due to shooting under power. So it's all factory set!

if its still under warranty mate then take it back to where you bought it from and let them sort it,,if you start fiddling with the gun your warranty will become void, they will try anything to get out of it I can assure you,, I personally think the pellet is clipping the silencer/moderator and that would be the first thing I would check,,just take the silencer off and fire a few shots and if it improves then you know that is the problem, you will then have to re zero your scope don't forget,

good luck with it

atb Evo

Edited by evo

Hi,

I have recently started having issues with my air rifle or scope. Webley venom sidewinder / hawke scope.

It's alway been quite accurate until now, and I'm now getting a grouping of about 9" at all ranges. I have tried tightening everything up, but still no better.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Gaz

I'm more than a little confused.......so. if you shoot at 20 yards you get a group of 9", then if you go out to 40 yards the group tightens to 9", but then if you back to 20 yards it opens out again to 9". :hmm::hmm:

I'm more than a little confused.......so. if you shoot at 20 yards you get a group of 9", then if you go out to 40 yards the group tightens to 9", but then if you back to 20 yards it opens out again to 9". :hmm::hmm:

I really should have been clearer in my op.

I was saying 9" as a common score, but there is no real consistency to the grouping. Sometimes less (around 4") sometimes more (around 11") and anything I between, but it's generally towards the latter!

Thank you all for the replies!

I really should have been clearer in my op.

I was saying 9" as a common score, but there is no real consistency to the grouping. Sometimes less (around 4") sometimes more (around 11") and anything I between, but it's generally towards the latter!

Thank you all for the replies!

I'd take it back to the shop for them to have a look at. Seems the best solution.

• 3 weeks later...

i had the same problem , but for other reasons extreme high power ,

the pellets were clipping the silencer sending the pellets every where ! i cant use a silencer as theres so much air coming out behined the pellet , in the silencer it was causing the pellet to wobble , and accuracy was the same pellets were going evey where and i couldnt zero it at all ,