shotgun licence-pls help

Tattooed

Hi,

I have two questions I wonder if anyone could pls help me with.

1) Finally had a vist from my FLO about my application. Does that mean I have passed the security checks? They have taken the money. He said "he could not see any reason for me not getting a licence"

The FLO was really nice and very helpfull.

2) I could not remember my exact convictions,so I put down the nearest I could. Will I get into troube for not knowing the exact convictions?

My convictions are from my younger day- Young and silly and are mainly silly driving offences. None of my conviction are for violent.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As above the feo will write a supporting report that goes to his manager who has the final decision. But I doubt very much they won't issue....... Don't go shopping yet but at least have a look at the type of gun you want on the internet as I'm sure you will soon enough be off shopping

The FLO did not have my application form with him. He just asked if I had put all my convictions down and then asked about my depression. He said he was going to talk to the doctor. THe doctor said she has no worries about me. And even told me what shooting clubs to go to.

On my application I put all my stupid driving offences down. Nothing serious. I just worried I might have missed one out. It was when I was 17. And I'm now nearly 40.

I really really want this, as I love clay pigeon shooting.

Edited by Tattooed

AFAIK: FLO will already have your records check before visit,if he could see no reason not to grant you should have no problem.Although your doctor seems to suport you that will have to be verified which may add a little to the timescale.Good luck,you should be fine.

At my last renewal visit I queried whether a spent SP30 should be included - outside the period specified by The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act - and he of course said yes but when I commented that he would of course be aware of this he didn't have it on his records. Surprising although the intention of the above act was to ensure old offences were no longer taken into account so had his file been cleansed of my spent offence?

As a teeny i fought the Law, the Law won and i Grew up !!

I put All my driving offences down going back to the 1970's , the FEO laughed at me for putting them down

I have a SGC FAC and RFD

I'm sure you wont have a problem

Its the same with Depression if your Dealing with it it shouldnt be a problem

Edited by wabbitbosher

People are human and forgetting something from years ago that was minor or getting the year wrong will be understood.

Before a certain date criminal records weren't on a computer system, not all were put on the pnc.......I think it went along the lines of minor offence years ago and no repeat naughtiness and they realised you weren't a recidivist and didn't waste their time and effort........

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Was looking at shotguns today and found one in a sale. It had £150 off it. The guy in the shop said that if I put a deposit down, he

would take put it to one side for me. So it paid the deposit.

The problem is I still don't have my licence yet.

Edited by Tattooed

Guest Mick.j

Hi,

Was looking at shotguns today and found one in a sale. It had £150 off it. The guy in the shop said that if I put a deposit down, he

would take put it to one side for me. So it paid the deposit.

The problem is I still don't have my licence yet.

I would go and get your deposit back.

They sometimes take quite a few weeks I wouldn't worry. Did the gun shop specify a time limit to hold on deposit. Go and have a talk to them in the meantime. If the shop is local to you they might have an idea how long certificates are taking to come through in your area. As a new potential certificate holder the shop knows you are a prime customer for all the kit you will end up buying. They want to keep your custom.