shotgun licence-pls help

Tattooed

I was revoked last year in july. (Long story and from a friend who was a feo, basc, and others I shouldn't have been revoked it was a wrong decision and involved a breach of the data protection act and internal police discipline - I used to be a copper)

Anyway after a bit I reapplied, (even longer story involving being homeless for nearly 4 months and relocating to another force area) the feo came out where I live now, (late january) said I see no reason why you can't have a sgc and it arrived at the beginning of march.

If the feo said that I am 99% sure you will be granted one, by the time the feo comes, they have done all the checks, they know everything they can about you, the wife and your kids, even your neighbours and where you live. If the feo likes you and says "can't see no reason why not" or similar it will happen when they get around to doing the paperwork......be patient

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the main reason why they like to interview in person is for the fao to make sure who you are and what you want and why

its more to dot the I's and cross the T's , if they were to find any thing its more that they say find a conviction for driving thats recent and want to see if you will admit to it and add it or to just check you out.

if you were to fail it would have been at the beginning

Fastfred..... That's ridiculous.......... My boss owns two shotguns and doesn't have a certificate, they are cared for by a mate of his and used by my boss on shoot days with his mate....... So why can't you put a deposit down? I still owned my shotguns whilst my sgc was revoked, I just had to get a mate to keep them!

That said maybe the shop don't want to be hanging on to a gun they could sell twice before your sgc arrives!

Fastfred..... That's ridiculous.......... My boss owns two shotguns and doesn't have a certificate, they are cared for by a mate of his and used by my boss on shoot days with his mate....... So why can't you put a deposit down? I still owned my shotguns whilst my sgc was revoked, I just had to get a mate to keep them!

That said maybe the shop don't want to be hanging on to a gun they could sell twice before your sgc arrives!

Well after i looked into i thought that too, think the shop just wanted to get rid s soon as

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering why the FLO told me not to fix the gun cabinet to the wall just incase I did not get the licence.

The doctor told him she had not worries about me and the people who run the gun club told him they had not worries about me either. The FLO said he had no worries about me either.

By the FLO telling me- is that a bad sign??

Will the police (who deal with the applications) be working over easter?

Edited by Tattooed

• 2 weeks later...

Contacted them this morning and was told the inspector has put my application back to the feo for further enquiry.

wonder whats up??

They probably want to make extra sure you are ok, especially if you have had incidents in the past of breaking the law and depression.

If they don't do all the extra checks and hypothetically you aren't ok and you go on a killing spree then the force will be under scrutiny for not doing extra checks considering they had reason to do them (I would suggest 'due diligence')

I'd reckon that if you doctor, gun club and FEO think you are fine then there shouldn't be a reason to not grant you one.

Best of luck :good:

They probably want to make extra sure you are ok, especially if you have had incidents in the past of breaking the law and depression.

If they don't do all the extra checks and hypothetically you aren't ok and you go on a killing spree then the force will be under scrutiny for not doing extra checks considering they had reason to do them (I would suggest 'due diligence')

I'd reckon that if you doctor, gun club and FEO think you are fine then there shouldn't be a reason to not grant you one.

Best of luck :good:

My doctor,the FEO and gun club owner all said they saw no reason for me owning a shotgun.

The gun club owner told them- they would have not problems with me. and the doctor said there was nothing on my medical notes to stop me. Been clear of depression for a year. (just over a year, but put down a year.