Helpful books for the newbie ?

landydriver

I'm just starting out and was wondering if anybody could recommend any good books for the newcomer ? I've looked on Amazon and seen that BASC do a 'Handbook of Shooting An Introduction to the sporting shotgun' this any good ?

Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Also, is it worth me join BASC (at this stage, beginner) ?

I search the online list of books from the library service. order for collection at your local library. My area charge 60p for this service, if the books any good I buy it from Amazon. Saves wasting your money on c**p books, then you can spend the money on cartridges! Insurance is important. All the Best

I'm just starting out and was wondering if anybody could recommend any good books for the newcomer ? I've looked on Amazon and seen that BASC do a 'Handbook of Shooting An Introduction to the sporting shotgun' this any good ?

Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Also, is it worth me join BASC (at this stage, beginner) ?

It's a very good book - it was originally the course bible for the proficiency award scheme. Pigeon Shooting by Archie Coats, although dated is another good read. To keep you on the straight and narrow, Fair Game by Charlie Parkes and John Thornley is somewhat of a must for all shooters of any discipline. The answers to virtually all of the legal type questions you see answered (often wrongly) on here are contained therein.

Edited by wymberley

yep BASC or CPSA membership is a must for the insurance cover, its an extra cost but for piece of mind its worth it,

I read both Will's Pigeon Shooting and The Pigeon Shooter over christmas (both were presents from santa) if i had to choose just one it would be Will Garfit its a alot better imho

also remember reading a book called 'how to shoot' (i think) way back in my teens and it taught me alot about clays

Edited by Elma thudd