New SGC/FAC licensing fees

aris

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought we were going to get a universal service standard ?

I dont see why RFD's should cop a lot more ?

Review after 12 months ? No service improvements, more **** from the likes of Durham.

I'm afraid its not the best negotiating result I have seen and one wonders why all the rhetoric we heard before about what we would expect.

No, for me its not good - its a stop gap and a very expensive one until next year and nothing back.

Still I'm sure it will sit well with many people.

£1.5 million shooters pay an average of £15 more - each - thats a fair whack - not counting RFD's thats about £4.5M more per year with the same staff and no improvement in service. You couldnt make it up.

What happened to the BASC suggestion of a ten year licence?

I thought we were going to get a universal service standard ?

I dont see why RFD's should cop a lot more ?

Review after 12 months ? No service improvements, more **** from the likes of Durham.

I'm afraid its not the best negotiating result I have seen and one wonders why all the rhetoric we heard before about what we would expect.

No, for me its not good - its a stop gap and a very expensive one until next year and nothing back.

Still I'm sure it will sit well with many people.

£1.5 million shooters pay an average of £15 more - each - thats a fair whack - not counting RFD's thats about £4.5M more per year with the same staff and no improvement in service. You couldnt make it up.

What happened to the BASC suggestion of a ten year licence?

When you look at it like that, then those are fair comments.

We are pleased with this result, as you know the proposals were for fees to go up way over this and as the report on our web page says we spent allot of time working on this with the HO.

We are still working on the improvement and standardization of licencing across the UK

Regular reviews may well be on the cards, but as has been said if the improvements are not forthcoming, and its clearly because some authorities are putting additional steps into the licensing process which are way over and above those listed in the HO guidance and because of this they are incurring additional costs there will be no valid reason to increase costs, after all the majority of authorities can operate perfectly well within the HO guidance so why don't others?

However , lets not forget that it will also very much depend on which political party is in power at the time of the next review.

We are pleased with this result, as you know the proposals were for fees to go up way over this and as the report on our web page says we spent allot of time working on this with the HO.

We are still working on the improvement and standardization of licencing across the UK

Regular reviews may well be on the cards, but as has been said if the improvements are not forthcoming, and its clearly because some authorities are putting additional steps into the licensing process which are way over and above those listed in the HO guidance and because of this they are incurring additional costs there will be no valid reason to increase costs, after all the majority of authorities can operate perfectly well within the HO guidance so why don't others?

However , lets not forget that it will also very much depend on which political party is in power at the time of the next review.

- last sentence.

Perhaps that is why a longer running agreement with built in service improvement should have been sought.

Experience tends to suggest that the key thing here is 'annual review', Service improvement will not get off the ground as there's no incentive, nor sanction and a simple annual rise in line with 'inflation' or higher will save this coming back on any agenda. Experience of Durham tends to confirm this. Where is this on any political agenda?

Sorry still think its a poor outcome.

The errant police authorities will feel they have got away with it and theres no need to change whilst continuing to seeking unathorised ways to lengthen the application /approval process to the frustration and loss to the sport of the chap who 'just wants to shoot a few rabbits'.

I would have paid more for specific service standards and a guaranteed level playing field in decision-making for all our shooting people. I dont think I'd be pleased with this as as a result of spending a lot of time working with the HO. Cheapest isn't necessarily best in this particular context.

A poor result would have been the result if we had sat back and done nothing, That would have resulted with a licence fee probably around £200 and not prospect of service improvement.

What we now have, not least of all because BASC were effective in the work we did, is a very reasonable increase, ongoing focused BASC involvement in improving services standards and consistency across the board, but specifically targeting those authorities who do not deliver

A poor result would have been the result if we had sat back and done nothing, That would have resulted with a licence fee probably around £200 and not prospect of service improvement.

What we now have, not least of all because BASC were effective in the work we did, is a very reasonable increase, ongoing focused BASC involvement in improving services standards and consistency across the board, but specifically targeting those authorities who do not deliver

David, I presume BASC will be all over these annual reviews like a rash to ensure they are reasonable and proportionate to service level agreements?

I have no issue with what has just happened to the costs, BASC appear to have done a good job and I see this as work in progress not a one off involvement.

i just hope they don't want the higher fee off me, i put my app in back in july they cashed the cheque august and have just sent the application back to me saying one of my referees failed his background check so got to send a new one in, which will end up taking it past april

i just hope they don't want the higher fee off me, i put my app in back in july they cashed the cheque august and have just sent the application back to me saying one of my referees failed his background check so got to send a new one in, which will end up taking it past april

That's pathetic. We have no option but to pay for this farce of a (dis) service; so much for improvements. Best reapply before the new increase then.

I have to say the comments on here are so refreshing compared to ones on other forums who seems to all be sitting around wearing foil hats.

I think the fee increases are perfectly reasonable and mostly inline with inflation. I think we do have to watch the yearly increases and if they start taking the Micheal then there should be action on our part but for now I'm looking forward to saving a bit on my variations.

seems fair enough to me! so for my coterminous renewal it works out at £1.08 per month!

The amount shooters spend on their hobby i would say this is pretty trivial! Obviously im against the fees going up to the ridiculous amount stated in the previous proposal, but even then it would still only be about 2 or 3 pound a month!

To be honest the price increase is fair. Unfortunately the service isn't standard across the board or upto scratch in all areas. I'd go as far as to say I would pay a fair bit more if it was to only take 1-2 weeks for a variation etc instead of 16 weeks in Lincolnshire.

David, I presume BASC will be all over these annual reviews like a rash to ensure they are reasonable and proportionate to service level agreements?

I have no issue with what has just happened to the costs, BASC appear to have done a good job and I see this as work in progress not a one off involvement.

errrrrrrr what service level agreements and in most cases what service ???