4am toilet time

ShootingEgg

Your not wring that's a massive last resort.... Just don't really know why he has started barking every morning.. To start with i thought it was due to needing toilet, and he always goes out. Then when he goes back in crate, about 5 minutes later barking starts

Could he be hungry. He might settle with some breakfast. Are you feeding three times a day at the moment as he is 41/2 months.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was told this too. With my 8 week old lab I started off by getting up at 3.00am after putting him to bed at 11. Each night I extended it by 15-20 mins and now at 11 weeks he goes from 10.30 - 6.00. As above, I never spoke to him or fussed him during those night visits. I am worried though that this might all change when the lighter mornings come!

Just to revive this thread from a few weeks ago I'm not happy to report that my nearly 5 month old has resorted to waking up when the birds start! I'm going to try taking him out for a bit of excersise later at night. As I write this at 10.15pm he is snoring like a good 'un!

Just to revive this thread from a few weeks ago I'm not happy to report that my nearly 5 month old has resorted to waking up when the birds start! I'm going to try taking him out for a bit of excersise later at night. As I write this at 10.15pm he is snoring like a good 'un!

The joys of lighter mornings unfortunately. Ive just put mine in and i can guarantee he will be up at 6.. I get up in week at 6 so he is now in that routine.. he has no concept of a weekend or bank holiday.. One thing to try if you want yours uo later is to black out where he sleep (this may or may not work though)