Armsan A612 - extras

NickB65

I was always told the only daft question is the one not asked so here goes

1. Arsam As612 shims - I have three shims and one spacer - 65 = thicker at top, 55 thinner at top and 50 which is thinner at top but thicker at bottom than 55 - if one shoots consistently low do I use the thicker at top ? And the spacer just increase the overall

2. CHOKES - do any of the extended chokes fit the Armsan?

You need to 'raise the stock/comb' to shoot higher.

You would need specific chokes for your gun NOT anything from something else.

I had read on this forum but can not find it now that a popular make of choke did in fact fit the Armsan but the post seems to evade me now.....

Regarding the chokes I have just bought a 612 and it came with 3 chokes skeet, half and full. I ordered the quarter and three quarter and was sent the W & S Chokes, I noticed they looked remarkably similar to my Beretta mobil chokes so I tried them, with the exception of one Beretta choke they all fitted well the odd one was a little snug on the threads. I also noted a few years back the Hatsan internal chokes and I believe the Benelli chokes were interchangeable so as far as I can tell

Hatsan internal

Benelli

Beretta mobil

W & S

Armsan

Told by Gilsan that all my mobil chokes will fit, handy, I've put a teague half choke in mine. I Saw the spacers too but was just as clueless about what to do with them. Hopefully more info will follow.

Do you need to install any of the spacers or can you just shoot it straight out of the box?

Told by Gilsan that all my mobil chokes will fit, handy, I've put a teague half choke in mine. I Saw the spacers too but was just as clueless about what to do with them. Hopefully more info will follow.

Do you need to install any of the spacers or can you just shoot it straight out of the box?

I have been shooting it out of the box so to speak without issue - love the gun and with the extension I fitted to make it 15.5" in pull it is great. Just seem to be consistently shooting low - not sur if this is just me and my mount or I need to adjust the stock - thought I'd add a shim to see if that helps..... but which one?

just had mine out today for the first time,25 cartridges put through it,empties not ejecting,jamming sticking at a right angle to the gun,4 times did not even eject ,bolt jammed in right game on getting it out,so back to the shop monday

Low pressure cartridges will do this, the only two I have found so far are some old Express pigeon special in a 65mm case and the current Fiocci Top1 trap loads in a 67mm case both of which are soft loads. Winchester 24g and home load 25g in a 70mm case work fine so it is nothing to do with load weight but internal pressure and also perhaps case length as the shorter cases generally exist for guns with lower service pressure.

Edited by sportsbob

I would also try a different cart before backing it or writing it off. I'm from the camp that says that any new gas cycling semi wants a 100 or so heavy carts to bed everything in anyway so went out with 100 clear pigeon 32g 6's. Not a problem as expected. Couldn't hit a barn door with it though so need to fashion something to alter the LOP and maybe the comb with the shims (which one?).

Oddly, with the few pigeons that flew over and were missed, it was suggested I swap guns with my mates silenced mossberg 410, next bird that flew over was dead in the air so it has to be gun fit that's the issue (he has padded out the diminutive 410's butt already with a chunk of something or other and put a sleeve over the top).

Shame they don't market stock extensions or shims for these. All in all impressed with the bang for buck and build quality. Stripping and reassembly is also a doddle and I've stuck the 3/8th's Teague extended choke into mine already.

Edited by mick miller

chokes that fit armsan are mobil chokes ie beretta,benelli,bettinsolli

Thanks I will give them a try :-)

just had mine out today for the first time,25 cartridges put through it,empties not ejecting,jamming sticking at a right angle to the gun,4 times did not even eject ,bolt jammed in right game on getting it out,so back to the shop monday

you need to put through at least 200 good carts - I was told by my gunsmith tout through 150 of my 32g no. 6 to loosen the spring and since then I have been able to go as low as 26g 7.5's

using clear pigeon 30g 6s,70mm ,will hold on a get a few more through it,did anybody else have the same problem or were everybodies ok straight ot the box

Whack a few through it and also make sure you clean it well and it will be fine..... if after 150+ or so it is still not ejecting lower loads then take it back for a check over...... I am sure it will be fine :-)

Low pressure cartridges will do this, the only two I have found so far are some old Express pigeon special in a 65mm case and the current Fiocci Top1 trap loads in a 67mm case both of which are soft loads. Winchester 24g and home load 25g in a 70mm case work fine so it is nothing to do with load weight but internal pressure and also perhaps case length as the shorter cases generally exist for guns with lower service pressure.

I just put the '50' shim into my 612 and the picture is now identical to my Beretta that has been professionally fitted. I'm hoping next time out I'm not going to be shooting under (or perhaps over) but rather putting the pattern where I've gotten use to putting it.

Without the shim, when mounted, I saw no rib, just the bead poking up. Now I get a little rib and the full bead, just like my Beretta.

I picked up my new armsan on Friday in left hand. I bought it for crow shooting as I took out my pride and joy, Browning 725

black edition outlast week end and marked the stock!

When I mounted the Armsan (ooh err)I was looking at the back of the action, so I put the shim with the thick bit at the bottom on, and it raised my eye over the action, so I could now see a bit of rib and the bead.

You will need to de-grease from new as the packing grease can gum things up a bit. Then lightly oil guide rods, mag tube etc.

Went Crow shooting yesterday, first two crows over decoys, Bang, Bang. Two dead crows thudded to earth! Finished the morning with a bag of 40. Cartridge wise Kent 29grm 6's. Not one stoppage. I have to say, I'm so impressed with it, at £450 I could have bought 3 with the price I paid for the Benelli I sold. Being a gasser it's soft to shoot. Very Impressed indeed.

C

I concur, it had some thick gummy oil from the factory. Also, mine had a dirty bore as if it had not been cleaned from proofing (or had been test fired whilst at the shop (Gilsan's ?). Either way, it was given a thorough degrease first before a thin layer of oil was applied.

I thinks it's a cracker for the money.

Yah, modern living eh? I'll see how I get on with it this week if I get a chance to go do some clay shooting. Better take a magnet stick with me though, it sprays them out quite a way!

The one downside with the semi is the distance this gun can throw those spent cartridges.