A Cautionary Tale

Update on this tale. The fellow has been advised to re-apply for his SGC in a year and told that in all likelihood he will get it back.

The regulations are strict for a reason. The rules are clearly there for all to see, and most if not all feo's would or should have made it clear that safety is paramount. He did something, that he mostly knew would cause him to lose his SGC if he went ahead, but he still went ahead with it. I don't multi task when my guns are out the cabinet. I do what needs to be done, then theyre locked away.

Having said that, no-one is perfect.... A costly mistake. However, it sounds like the Police Force concerned are cutting him some slack, so good on him. Hopefully a lesson well learnt! Happy shooting folks!

Spooky really, as I plan to make some covert security provisions in my truck over the weekend.....

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh if he left his door unlocked it's defiantly his fault .. Deserved to be robbed ...!

Not read the rest of the thread as was incensed at this comment....

Nobody deserves to be 'Robbed', No one has the right to invade your property and take things as they feel fit.

I'm guessing you have never experienced the trauma of burglary or theft/ mugging, it's not something that you get over.

suppose if you find a wallet or a car unlocked your happy to help yourself as you blatantly see it morally right to do so as the rightful owner made a mistake in loosing said item.

What is the world coming too..........

Nobody deserves to be 'Robbed', No one has the right to invade your property and take things as they feel fit.

I'm guessing you have never experienced the trauma of burglary or theft/ mugging, it's not something that you get over.

suppose if you find a wallet or a car unlocked your happy to help yourself as you blatantly see it morally right to do so as the rightful owner made a mistake in loosing said item.

What is the world coming too..........

I quite agree.

And he didn`t leave the door unlocked.

I quite agree.

And he didn`t leave the door unlocked.

I have to pay hundreds of pounds for a security system to prevent burglary, yet I would not dream of burgling another person. Yet if I am robbed people will blame me for provoking criminals by having a larger TV in my front room.

While I understand the need for security, I'm tired of people been told they are guilty for not taking every measure possible to secure their belongings. If you leave your keys in a car or a gun cabinet you are an idiot, but that still does not make it acceptable for anyone to steal them. And if anything is stolen is it the thief that should first be pursued and prosecuted not the victim. Unfortunately it is easier to located and proportion blame to the victim than it is to catch the criminal.