4x4 MPG

fat_jay

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Doesn't sound right, my Navara (61 plate) showed 31 mpg and did nearly 500 miles per tank.

Filled from when red light comes on the computer says 560 ish. miles till empty, never ran it to empty it so you could be right mate, 500 miles per tank approx maybe more maybe less depending on as said, if the lead boot doesn't get used,

Not badk then for a big 4x4

Atb

Flynny

Edited by flynny

Filled from when red light comes on the computer says 560 ish. miles till empty, never ran it to empty it so you could be right mate, 500 miles per tank approx maybe more maybe less depending on as said, if the lead boot doesn't get used,

Not badk then for a big 4x4

Atb

Flynny

How much £ to fill it and what type/model navara is it?

Thank you,

Lee

Proof even though it went down a touch last night due to dashing around town

That doesn't constitute proof of anything other than an estimate. I would be extremely surprised if those trucks got anywhere near that kind of economy.

I have just bought a new car - Hyundai - I X35 it did 36.0 mpg doing 'slightly' over the speed limit from Devon, a 250/500 mile trip - its a 1.9 diesel. I dont expect to get much over 40 mpg out of it even when loosened up. I do not see how a truck could do over 40 mpg on that basis.

I have just bought a new car - Hyundai - I X35 it did 36.0 mpg doing 'slightly' over the speed limit from Devon, a 250/500 mile trip - its a 1.9 diesel. I dont expect to get much over 40 mpg out of it even when loosened up. I do not see how a truck could do over 40 mpg on that basis.

Try going slightly under the speed limit and not over would be a good start.

That doesn't constitute proof of anything other than an estimate. I would be extremely surprised if those trucks got anywhere near that kind of economy.

So my truck says 38.2 mpg, ummm think I best take it to Nissan then and say that Motty says that the figures on my computer doesn't do the mpg that it says it does, does it do 10mpg less than it says it does??!

Try going slightly under the speed limit and not over would be a good start.

With the queues at B'Ham and the 50 mile stretch starting just south of Stafford to the M5 and 50 limits all down the M5 - its difficult to get anywhere at 'slightly below 70mph', as I am sure most people know. Plenty of people overtaking me.

My l200 does 32 day in day out but a decent a road run and it gets up towards those figures. The simple thing is the newer engines are getting more and more economical

So my truck says 38.2 mpg, ummm think I best take it to Nissan then and say that Motty says that the figures on my computer doesn't do the mpg that it says it does, does it do 10mpg less than it says it does??!

So have you calculated the mpg yourself, or just relied on an inaccurate computer?

Why would Nissan or any other vehicle makers fit a inaccurate computer? So yes I do really on my computer, do you really on the gas and electric bill you get sent or do u measure it yourself? Do you rely on the price of products in a supermarket or do you make up the bill yourself depending how much you think the products are worth??

According to nissan , the new Navara has a combined figure of 39 MPG , but we all know they lie .

Honest John gives a figure of 32 MPG.

Trip computers often lie , one of my cars is getting 63 MPG if you believe the computor , when I worked it out myself it was doing 55

Why would Nissan or any other vehicle makers fit a inaccurate computer? So yes I do really on my computer, do you really on the gas and electric bill you get sent or do u measure it yourself? Do you rely on the price of products in a supermarket or do you make up the bill yourself depending how much you think the products are worth??

They don't deliberately fit inaccurate trip computers but I'm afraid the Navara is simply not capable of that sort of average figure. I can get pretty much whatever figure you wish on whatever car you choose to order; let car warm up, drive somewhere at a constant 40-50 in top gear and zero the trip, within a mile you'll get crazy mpg figures displayed on anything including sports cars with a known combined of low 20's !

What matters is the real life average, that comes from not touching the trip for a good few weeks so that it settles down on the average. If you go on Autotrader and view a dozen different types of Navara from say 07 all the way to around 12 plate they all run from a combined figure of 28.8 up to around 32 and the latter is very optimistic.

Edited by Hamster

According to nissan , the new Navara has a combined figure of 39 MPG , but we all know they lie .

Honest John gives a figure of 32 MPG.

Trip computers often lie , one of my cars is getting 63 MPG if you believe the computor , when I worked it out myself it was doing 55

My brother gets around 30mpg out of his navara !