4x4 MPG

fat_jay

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Muncher on here has one , he told me the other week he gets around 29 so all in the same ball park.

Yes I probably do on average 600 miles a week and mine hovers around the 30 mark ,the computer used to say 33 but when I changed to Goodrich AT tyres there dropped to about 29 ish

Trip computers although very helpful for showing differences in consumption re driving style never seem as accurate as "brim to brim" measurement and any measurement comes down to rolling radius of tyre,different brands,although of same nominal size do differ in the real world plus tread wear introduces yet another variable.

• 2 weeks later...

I have owned my Subaru Forester 2.0X petrol estate for the best part of 10yrs from new. I run it on Shell V power which it definately prefers. Based on my own calculations of brimming the tank then doing the calculation I get 30 to 32mpg on a run and as low as 25 to 26mpg towing / urban usage.

When run on normal 95RON unleaded the mpg was the same but there is a loss of torque compared with high octaine petrol.

Rich

• 2 weeks later...