BASC Woodpigeon Masterclass

Cosd

Woodpigeon masterclass and shooting competition

Atkin Grant and Lang – Saturday 28 March

BASC is supporting an exciting new woodpigeon masterclass and shooting competition at the Atkin Grant & Lang shooting ground in Hertfordshire on Saturday 28 March.

Suitable for both experienced pigeon shooters and those new to the sport, the masterclass includes shooting tuition, advice and guidance. Will Garfit, Peter Theobald and Tom Payne will all be present on the day to answer your decoying queries. BASC shotgun coaches will also be there providing free shooting tips.

The competition will include three different 12-bird sequences re-creating the shots you may experience in the field, including shooting from a bale hide, flight line and roost shooting. Entry costs £20 and £17 for re-entry.

Prizes, sponsored by Eley Hawk UK and UK Shoot Warehouse, will be awarded for the highest scores up to three places. BASC members will be able to buy clays, cartridges and shooting equipment at discount prices.

Further details are on our website.

To book your place contact Atkin Grant & Lang on 01582 849 382 or email.

does basc do anything above down saaaarrrrffffff , because everything seems to be around the capital or below,,not worth the 4 hour drive for me but IF AND WHEN they decide to run one of these up nooooorrrrrffffffff then I will certainly attend to have a nose

If you would like a Pigeon Shooting Course in your neck of the woods I am sure one can be organised.

All we need is 12 /15 people to attend, more if you like, and we will find a venue and deliver the course.

Your local shooting ground would be ideal if they have a meeting room.

Let me know your local ground and I will make enquiries.

Terry

• 3 weeks later...

Terry,

Park lodge would be a good one. Right around the M62/M18/A1/M1 junctions, and plenty close to me. ;)

I'll follow this thread in case there is more discussion, but I'd be interested in one in Yorkshire.

thanks,

rick

Thanks Rick

I will have a look and get back to you

Thanks for taking an interest

Terry

Guest Wilksy

Terry,

Park lodge would be a good one. Right around the M62/M18/A1/M1 junctions, and plenty close to me. ;)

I'll follow this thread in case there is more discussion, but I'd be interested in one in Yorkshire.

thanks,

rick

Like wise! Anywhere in yorkshire would be great near to the east as poss!

Bakerboy,

If you get some interest, I would be more than willing to run the course with you, I have one the end of the month north Birmingham, but we could run one further up if needed I am sure.

Flycoy

Lets speak

I am sure we can sort out a course for Pigeon Watch.

What numbers do we need 12-15?

Guest Wilksy

There currently improving all the stands at humberside shooting ground at the mo,and they have a large meeting room, only trouble is its a bit out of the way for the rest of the North, thanks for looking into a northern version!

Bakerboy,

12 to 15 sounds about right, we can include some shooting from the hide and coaching with that number.

more than willing to help PW members, if they let us know we can find a ground that's suitable for all ( location wise)

Flycoy

I will have a discussion with Flycoy, to try and arrange a Pigeon Watch, BASC Pigeon Shooting Class.

This class could held at the ground Wilksy has suggested, Humberside Shooting Ground.

The numbers we will be looking for will be 12-15, but more can be catered for if necessary, subject to room size.

I will start a new thread/Topic very soon with a poll, which will enable Flycoy and myself to see if there are any other areas which would like a course put on for them.

Watch this space, and thanks for showing an interest.

Bakerboy,

If you get some interest, I would be more than willing to run the course with you, I have one the end of the month north Birmingham, but we could run one further up if needed I am sure.

Flycoy

I wonder if this is the one I'm attending? 25th, Essington?