Buffalo River LCD/Digital Gun Cabinets

I'm about to order a Buffalo River 10 gun cabinet and have the choice of LCD (my preference) or key operated. Does anyone have experience of the digital/LCD models? I saw an isolated reference on a forum a few months ago to unreliability but if one changes the battery regularly and has a back up key, is there anything to worry about?

All my cabinets to date have been key operated. (This 10 gun cabinet fits the space I have perfectly.)

Comments appreciated and thanks in advance :)

I went for the single key operated Silver Line version of the 10 gun cabinet, quite a bit cheaper and I prefer a purely mechanical locking system, less to go wrong. Yes, the keypads are not the best in the world but that's fairly standard with the key pads on gun safes of any make.

Personally I'd save the money and get the Silver Line version :)

Thanks. That's where I noticed Mitch's comments. Wondering if anyone has a goldline that they're happy with? The digital lock would suit me for a number of reasons but not if its going to be a problem....

digital would suit me to if only for the ease of getting into it rather than getting the key out all the time (im lazy), although im not looking at buying any more guns at this time , my six gun safes full and the aftermarket bolt in my semi auto is bigger than standard so rubbing the gun next to it and although their in gun socks i would prefer it had space not to touch

the gold lines not a bad price compared to others and a lot cheaper than the sentry safe i was also looking at, but at the moment i cant justify paying five hundred quid for the ten gun electronic sentry safe... if it where any good i'd go for the gold line though as it is a fair bit cheaper

I ended up getting a silver line key operated one as I'd heard about the rubber wearing on the keypad on the buttons you press and overtime it becomes obvious which numbers are in the code. Nowt more reassuring than the clunk of the bolts shutting and removing the key

Tom

My Friend got a Gold Line 10 Gun one of the Safe Shop for £525 and i helped him fit it and i must say that i was very impressed with the safe! Keypad worked Great and really looked good. Only complaint i could have possibly said against it was that the Keypad was plastic and is very hard to slide off and i would be afraid of it cracking so be gentle! Also not 100% sure on this but the Gold line has Carpeted Interior which is really nice and i don't think the Silver Line one Does?? (Not Positive :hmm: ). Keypad for me as i'm also lazy!

I have the 14 gun gold line and I think its fantastic the keypad has never let me down and the build quality is great on the cabinet you get a override key that if the pad fails you can still get in etc

+1 :good:

I am also a fan of the Dial Combination Lock but not available with the Buffalo Safes as far as i know!

I dislike keys as even very young children know how to operate keys and could get into a safe! (Even if the keys are well Hid!)

I have a 10 gun gold and the digital pad has worked flawlessly for the last 2 years on the same set of Duracell batteries. Its carpeted inside so guns are protected and if there is a problem with the keypad there is the backup key access.

However - When I first received mine as you do I tested the lock etc downstairs and to my horror it wouldn't open. I landed up having to turn the safe upside down and shake it about a lot until the locking rod arm disengaged and dropped out of its hole. Once opened and after taking the panel off behind the door it turned out that one of the nuts on the rod that operates the locking rod had come off and disconnected the rod arm. So I replaced with nylon lock nuts before I installed.

And since then I have been a happy customer

I have the 14 gun gold line and I think its fantastic the keypad has never let me down and the build quality is great on the cabinet you get a override key that if the pad fails you can still get in etc

If you would come pick it up mate there is a bloke that sells them on the stalking directory very cheap that's were I had mine from he is a top bloke.

looks like i'm gona order a 14 gun, maybe the diamond line as it looks nice... was looking at the ten gun but think a 14 is a better choise as its not a huge amount more was also looking at the sentry safe as well but its about 20% more just hope its not false economy

i have six guns in my six gun safe but its a tight fit, very tight infact as i have an aftermarket bolt handle in my semi-auto and its rubbing the gun next to it. thats why im after a bigger safe not because i want any more guns... but we all know it'll happen i want the space to protect what i already have

i have six guns in my six gun safe but its a tight fit, very tight infact as i have an aftermarket bolt handle in my semi-auto and its rubbing the gun next to it. thats why im after a bigger safe not because i want any more guns... but we all know it'll happen i want the space to protect what i already have

Yea same here! I have a 14 Gun safe and probably will only need the half of it!

My dad's safe involves alot of hitting, scratching!

Didn't want that!