Carbon shroud/moderator

hoggysreels

Is it possible to obtain and fit a carbon shround setup with a modrator to a 15mm barrel ? .... l'd consider fitting a shorter moderator than it currently has if the shroud has a contributing noise suppression effect.

I know there are dedicated set ups made for specific pcp's ... so l'm enquiring to find out if its possible to fit the set up to a Lothar Walther barrel that doesn't have a particular kit available currently from the rifle manfacturer.

Secondly - does shrouding the barrel quiten down the rifle? ... having fitted a moderator which has considerably reduced the noise level; l thought it might be worth going that bit further and having a shroud fitted .. if l go to the extent of purchasing and fabricating the shroud to fit l'd really expect a notiable reduction in noise. I wouldn't bother with expense and effort if its really more for cosmetic effect in the main ... your opinion appreciated

Edited by hoggysreels

shrouds do work pete but I don't know if you could get one made to fit the walther r8, personally I would not waste your hard earned cash having it done,if you want a shrouded barrelled gun then trade it in for the BSA r10mk2 with the shrouded barrel,,brilliant rifle mate and nice and light but most importantly they are super accurate,

the r10 I had was faultless and to be honest I was sorry I got rid,they are a cracking rifle pete and the one I had was better than my s410

bsar10mk2001_zps41d4fa84.jpg

hope that helps pete

Might I recommend a tuned Ultra and then have a shroud put on instead of a silencer? They're proper little lightweights and you can get seriously good after market regulators, as well as some decent shroud options. I think Ratworks does a pretty decent carbon wrapped shroud that is effective. Obviously after market moderations don't come cheap, but you can get a seriously good little shooter with a bit of time and effort in hunting out a second hand deal