Lightweight PCP's ?

hoggysreels

I'm considering changing my present pcp. My present pcp is an absolute pleasure to use and has been ultra reliable. If it were a kilo or so lighter, l'd not give swapping it a second thought. I had surgery on my back a couple of years ago and its been a bit tender of late ... so l'm contemplating getting a lighter pcp ..

What are the lightest pcp's available .. lm aware of the Ultra's and the Brococks etc. I would prefer a wooden stock and .22 calibre only ... not looking to spend a fortune, likely sell mine on and if need be, add a few quid to acquiring a lighter pcp ... "so, which ones are the weight savers?" .. cheers for reading ..

Carman06 is right for the sporter version at 2.6kg.

There is also some other choices of s400 (walnut or poplar) which would save you a kg and s500 which would only save you 0.9kg, TDR - only 0.8kg.

An internet search would doubtless bring up the weights of other well regarded options. The Daystates are very slighty heavier than the lightest ones above, I believe.

RAB

trade it in for a huntsman classic pete, light,good looking, and does exactly what it says on the tin bud,,

finding one at the right price is another matter though, failing that, the next time we go out I,ll take the s410 and let ya have a feel of that , accurate as hell,, light,, good looking but certainly not the quality of the huntsman,

if you want my opinion ,,I would keep what you have because it certainly performs very well indeed and you wont get anything any where near as good for what you paid,,do I detect itchy fingers :lol::lol: :lol:

Edited by evo

Its a weight vs back pain issue ... ability/reliability wise, l'm not sure how much extra l'd need to lay out to approach the R8 .. its perfect, barring the weight. Sometime back a guy out the local air rifle centre told me, its understandable the weight penalty the Walther carries when its stripped down. He told me it is well engineered. That's great, but not for L4/L5 .. and l've already had spinal surgery. Don't want to tempt fate. I'm quite sure the Walther would see me out regarding my shooting days. Wonderful piece of kit. I'm not one for brand loyalies, its just a good product. I'm not overly keen on the BSA offering if truth be known "thats not to completely rule them out" .. just that l've never got my head round paying for a new gun, having it stripped down reworked into an acceptable gun .. anyhow, will ponder on what if anything l do about it .. when l shouldered the Brocock it felt purposeful, highly pointable and light. BSA Ultra seems to have an odd loading process. It appears l'd need to push more button more than the Red Dwarf control panel .. that said it looks the business.

The defunct Falcon seemed interesting going by what lve read off the internet ... whatever l get, if anything, its got to be .22 ... there is only so much a man can change lol

Edited by hoggysreels

Air Arms S410 Superlite.

I personally have the S410 Superlite deluxe as attached.

Expensive but worth every penny get the carbine edition for extra weight loss if you prefer.

Can't beat British made stuff lol.

I have the s400 superlite excellent little gun,shot allsorts of vermin with mine :yes::good: