I'm hooked!

Guest Wilksy

Guest Wilksy

Second time out this morning what a difference! Pigeons trying to land as I set up a steady flow of ones and twos all morning, shot seven and a rook but must have missed 20 odd, I've poured over all advice on here loads so to put it in to practice is mint cheers everyone! And watched the eclipse through ghost netting!

Guest Wilksy

Cheers folks! Can I ask how soon can or should you shoot the same spot thinking of Sunday or do they get decoy shy? I've seen them on his other rape field today so should I alternate it?

That's a good question i shot a field 2 weeks ago pigeons were sitting in this spot feeding all week got 45 well happy went 2 days ago pigeons still doing the same thing but the minute a start shooting they were flying in nearby field but jot near me I only got 8 when I left they all came back to the tree very strange, My Pattern Was Ok as the 8 decoyed Could It Be The Rotary scaring them ?

Cheers folks! Can I ask how soon can or should you shoot the same spot thinking of Sunday or do they get decoy shy? I've seen them on his other rape field today so should I alternate it?

Go to the place that looks the most promising. If you haven't blown the place up too bad, you will probably be ok in the same spot. Try it. If it doesn't work you can always move.

Not sure if it will help you but I have been in the same situation while out decoying but kept missing loads more than I would on clays. Recently I found some slow motion videos on YouTube of various types of shooting and also a guy explaining the different methods of lead. Try searching "maintained lead" it gave me loads of videos and I was suprised at the amount of lead they give their birds, so have been trying that in my shooting and have had much better results, though I need much more practise!

Might not be the problem you are having but has helped me.

Guest Wilksy

That's it lazybones , motto there's at least 20 pigeons out there had a near miss today ! Cheers Dannyboy I'll look into that, thinking about it I probably missed more of the fluttery droppers that you think are nailed on,and of the 7 I reckon three were crossers very much like clays! I had to wrap up at 11 this morning but I reckon I could have shot all day they were everywhere!

Good effort Wilksy,

I dare say you will be fine to shoot again on Sunday, but as motty says try to watch and see which spot has the most activity, you can always put up some flags on the spot you don't shoot or move position as needed.

Don't worry too much about the bag size or you shot/kill ratio, just enjoy the sport and be sure the Farmer is aware your there making the effort.

Guest Wilksy

Been out all day same place same field,just the three, but only missed three so very quiet, but lovely day for it, checked the other rape field at dinner time and nowt doing there so they just didn't fancy rape today, but went for a wander last thing and got my first bolting rabbit!