Got free entry to the Land Rover Show

loriusgarrulus

It's a thing of beauty.

Very jealous, have a great time at the show!

Regards.

Fatty

Thank you. :)

Ironic that they don't let dogs into Donnington Park any longer, but you can get get in with a Wolf... :lol:

Mike.

You just need to take bigger bags. :)

But it has got K9 as part of the registration.

Edited by loriusgarrulus

Its the 1998 300tdi 2.5 Diesel 24volt electrics. No computer control. Yippee. :)

Very nice. My Disco was the same year and same engine. 189k and it started first time every time; all I ever replaced was the clutch, water pump and the lift pump. 300tdi engine was great, the body was shocking. Current Land Rover has a 200tdi after replacing the 18 mpg 3.5 Rover V8. :) Have a grand old time.

Take lots of pic's of Series and post on here please.

Edited by Scully

Very nice. My Disco was the same year and same engine. 189k and it started first time every time; all I ever replaced was the clutch, water pump and the lift pump. 300tdi engine was great, the body was shocking. Current Land Rover has a 200tdi after replacing the 18 mpg 3.5 Rover V8. :) Have a grand old time.

Take lots of pic's of Series and post on here please.

Will take the good camera with us.

I was very pleased with Ajax as the bodywork is brilliant, not a dint anywhere and very good underneath.

I have got the the release paperwork with the original military registration on so managed to get the MOD Merlin report for him. He spent all his time on UK bases and had only done 49000 miles when I got him.

V Nice! Cracking looking Landy ( or should that be Landrover :lol: )

I have an N reg Defender with a 300tdi for the same reason as you..... The only think other than the fuse box that is electronic is the head unit.

They are a lovely engine.

• 3 weeks later...

I have got the confirmation of exhibiting my Land Rover and have got the exibiter free passes for the show. Castle Donnington on Sunday 26th April.

Before this was confirmed I applied for 2 free afternoon tickets giving admission from 12:00 till 16:00.

So I have 2 afternoon tickets up for grabs to the show.

First PM with name and address to me can have them and I will put in the post to you.

• 3 weeks later...

The Wolf has its new soft top and wheel lift on and all mud washed off and brushed out, so looking spiffy. All the excess kelter has been removed and the pick shovel and strop ready to fasten on the bonnet in the morning. OH has charged the batteries for his good camera, so hopefully will have some nice photos to post.

The Dunsfold collection is going to have some vehicles there so looking forward to seeing them.

All ready to set off in the morning for Donnington Park as we have to be in place well before opening time. There are supposed to be 30 owners Land Rovers in our exhibition, so will be interesting to have a look at what else is there.

The weather report says dry thank goodness. :)

OH took lots of photos of the Land Rovers in the exhibition and from inside too. Will put some photos on when he has sorted them.

We had a lovely day and met loads of Land Rover enthusiasts and many came to talk to us about the Wolf including a few ex army. One chap used to teach advanced off road driving in the army using the Wolf. Another ex army chap was interested in buying his own Wolf and we gave him a list of places to try and find one.

The family who owned the hand painted Series 2 opposite us were very nice and we had a good natter. Some very serious off road rigs were there and some interesting ??? Colour schemes on some never meant to see mud.

Looks nice, I have the same engine in my defender, great until head gasket went last Friday at 141,000 miles, job has got bigger now though as one piton was slightly lower than the others took pistons out and as suspected bent con rod, ordering parts this week

Thanks barney