• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My appologise tight choke I did put up a smiley implying it was young in cheek

Just seems pointless to turn up and not shoot at a charity event

Appologise again for my transgression of the rules

All the best

Of

No need to apologise OF, I reff'ed last year! :yes:

I quite agree that to attend and not shoot is poor, and the charity would not benefit :rolleyes: !

Looking forward to finding out the location and date of the 2015 shoot. :good:

There's plenty of women shooters at last years charity shoot, so there's no need to feel awkward if you think you may be the only one there.

All abilities are more than welcome as its a fun charity day shoot for a worthy cause plus lots of raffle prizes to suit everyone.

Usually there's quite a number of us staying at a hotel nearby the night before to meet up and have meal...and a drink or two :whistling:

How many people usually enter this?

I don't want the southern contingency worried, I'm not thinking of joining in :)

Thinking about coming to watch.

Don't be shy , come and shoot. The scores out of 100 are between 30's and low 90's, so space for everyone . We usually attract around about 80 shooters with the top 10 on each team's scores to count. It is a very good fun day out with lots of ribbing. Have a look on the web site for the history and scores of the past years.Perhaps someone could put a link on 'cause i'm thick. from Auntie.

Edited by 100milesaway

There's plenty of women shooters at last years charity shoot, so there's no need to feel awkward if you think you may be the only one there.

All abilities are more than welcome as its a fun charity day shoot for a worthy cause plus lots of raffle prizes to suit everyone.

Usually there's quite a number of us staying at a hotel nearby the night before to meet up and have meal...and a drink or two :whistling:

Yes, a drink or two :yes: although our plans to get the southern chaps sozzled last year were slightly scuppered by the fact the pub shut early :ninja::lol:

I have a raffle prize already in my cupboard :ninja:

Yes, a drink or two :yes: although our plans to get the southern chaps sozzled last year were slightly scuppered by the fact the pub shut early :ninja::lol:

We'll have to start an even earlier drinking session, and not wait for Beardo to finish work first...lol

Will, tell her the truth, you will willingly wear a dress if it will encourage her to attend! :yes: :yes:

Don't be shy , come and shoot. The scores out of 100 are between 30's and low 90's, so space for everyone . We usually attract around about 80 shooters with the top 10 on each team's scores to count. It is a very good fun day out with lots of ribbing. Have a look on the web site for the history and scores of the past years.Perhaps someone could put a link on 'cause i'm thick. from Auntie.

There you go Auntie

http://www.pwcharityshoot.co.uk/index.html

:shaun:

Ok I get the idea now.

I actually thought it was two teams NvS competition. And yes I am that bad at clays so didn't want to burden the southernern contingent.

Thanks for the explanation.

Ok I get the idea now.

I actually thought it was two teams NvS competition. And yes I am that bad at clays so didn't want to burden the southernern contingent.

Thanks for the explanation.

Hopefully I will make this year, so you would not look that bad anyways :lol:

Yeah we NEED somewhere where the pub stays open.........

But us ladies aren't even remotely interested in boobies and I'm sure there'll be a lady or two shooting ?

You gonna come along Ali?

New, extended clubhouse at Hodnet more than big enough for the PW massive. Agree that they let us down re. markers/refs but I'm sure that could be addressed for future visits.

Mr Potter

Indeed, by far the best clay ground!! Edited by Paul223

I really enjoyed last year, albeit I'm rubbish on the clays and don't shoot a shotgun enough (around 75% rifle 25% shotgun I reckon).

I scored 46 which I was chuffed with for me, (only done clays a few times before)

The hardest bit was shooting infront of a squad of people watching my every move - and on the first stand which was an easy one I missed nearly all of them like a true muppet - but then by stand 2 and getting to know everyone on my squad better I started to feel comfortable and in fact seemed to hit the ones people struggled with more and missed the easier ones... odd!

I was also using a old under and over shotgun that until just before the event was broken (firing pin snapped) but even then I had offers from members on here offering me the use of their spare if I couldn't use my own - which was very humbling and lovely.

This year I might do the night before and have a few pints and get to know some people if it's further up north.

No need to apologise OF, I reff'ed last year! :yes:

I quite agree that to attend and not shoot is poor, and the charity would not benefit :rolleyes: !

Looking forward to finding out the location and date of the 2015 shoot. :good:

Does that mean if you don't shoot you can't donate?

Presumption and all that!!