Shooting range

I've just got back from a day out at a M O D range in Brecon (Senny Bridge) As I was not a member, I could not shoot my own rifles, but could use other members. There were quite a few members firing 50 calibre rifles, and standing behind them while they fired, was something else. The sound (even with ear protection) and 'shock wave' was awesome. They were shooting out to 1479 yards. Many were shooting tracer rounds, and to see the bullet going down the range was excellent.The 1 mile target was out of action. I had many shots with a 308, at the 400 yards range, and also a .338 Lapua at 600 yards. I had a brilliant day out.

May be one day I will join and get a 'big calibre'. My thanks to my good mate ade1971 for arranging my guest pass, and for his company today.

No problem Steve, it was a good day!!

I've Never seen a .50 cal bullet up close before.

And you don't see a 14.5mm gun often(Russian PTRS).

You also engaged a dirt patch at 1000 yards too remember with 300WM and .338lm

I forgot the dirt patch! And that Russian 14.5mm certainly made it's mark.

Here it is: http://www.koreanwaronline.com/arms/antitank.htm

It was being used by two guys who had a variety of old military rifles, including a .303 with fixed bayonet, and an AK47.

Have the FCSA sorted out their problems with having M.O.D. Range bookings cancelled on them at the last minute?

Sadly, not going to happen. I shoot at Sealand, and the MOD can (and occasionally do) cancel on us very late.

It's one of the conditions : we have to accept that military unit bookings take priority.

Thats not very often then! You can always tell when its summer in Wales because the rain gets warmer

:) Did my D of E Gold expedition in Wales in the summer of 1976, based in RAF Sealand. It hadn't rained for 8 weeks, and with the heatwave it was so hot two of the lads dropped out with salt deficiency. Happy days. :yes: