Another effort...

shootgun

Yesterday i was kindly invited by a friend on his ground, lovely woodland with good numbers of muntjac, fallow and roe.

Despite putting in a lot of effort, i didn't managed to get a shot, my friend got two roe does though. Was an enjoyable morning anyway, in very good company and a nice piece of land.

Today found me again stalking for fallow, after another short notice from a land owner.

The morning was cold and almost with no wind, stalked for about an hour an a half, and eventually come across a small herd, where a pricket presented itself at about 120 meters, in some dry ferns. Pulled the trigger and dropped on the spot.

aLsvKzX.jpg

After extraction, gralloching and delivering to the game dealer, went for a full english, and back again, on a different patch, some nice woodland.

uX2mLN2.jpg

The stalking was difficult though, everything on the floor was dry and noisy. Moved slowed through the woods and after a while i stopped next to some thick cover and heard some noise ahead of me, and before i could reach the binos, spotted a withe doe sticking out like a sore thumb. Quick on the sticks and i could see the whole herd moving in front of me, at about 70 meters. I had enough time to pick my target, the crosshair was behind a doe's shoulder, squizzed the trigger and number 2 was on the floor.

The extraction took me an hour of dragging the beast through the woods, and i'm absolutely knackered but satisfied one again...

GsOc7gu.jpg

If I didn't have my heart set on a Sauer 202 elegance I would have got one of these :good:

Good guns as well, you cannot go wrong with a Sauer, Blaser or Mauser... One of my mates just ordered the 404, i'm looking forward to see how it performs.

Can you give me one valid reason to do so? :)

No not at all shootgun ,just cosmetically I like seeing one on a rifle :)

So this issue is settled than ! :)

Good guns as well, you cannot go wrong with a Sauer, Blaser or Mauser... One of my mates just ordered the 404, i'm looking forward to see how it performs.

So this issue is settled than ! :)

Yes always has been , its a lovely rifle just personal preferences :)

Guest stevo

Great write up. Carry on and I might just get the bug back again.

Don't you dare put a mod on that either. That rifle was made to like like that. It's how a stalking rifle should be.