NM800 or x searcher

BunnyBasher14

Maybe this: http://www.ludicrous-lumens.co.uk/T50_50mm_Aspheric_zoom_lens_torch_or_850nm_IR_il/p2616500_13135682.aspx

Don't get me wrong, the nm800 produces a very bright, focused light, but you have no means to quickly switch between flood and focus and there is some slop in the threads once the head is wound right out to focus.

That's fine if you're only using it as a handheld lamp but on a rifle it's a pain. By the way, I think you need a fully adjustable mount with any of these torches, one that has both windage and elevation adjustment, they're about £40.

Guest stevo

If you want nightmaster. Have a look at the venom strike. Will cover all your Needs . Power wise. It's like an in-between Nm 400 and a nm800 but with a variable /dimmer switch on the back. I use one and love it.

Edited by stevo

NM 800 mate red and IR,I sold my 1st one after all the talk of the T20,went back to the NM as T20,s I bought all had issues barring the one I bought from nitescout.

I have just aquired a T67 for £18 cost or price and it's brilliant but no good for rifle as its a brick.

Edited by Davyo

The T67's are a joke. No way can it be comfortably rifle mounted and to hold it in the hand is too tiring as the head is ridiculously heavy. The lens is good though!

I've just had a T67 ir pill die on me, so maybe they're using poor bonding techniques from led to star? And the switches sometimes need some fettling.

sorry boys but these new T67,s and T50,s are a scanky gimmick ,,

they are far to heavy to put on rifles, they are fine as hand held spotter torches but come on lets be honest, a t67 on a rifle would be like sticking a house brick on top of it, the must be the heaviest torch,s out there,

depending on distance mate if your shooting over 150 yrds then get a T20 fitted with the crellant head 66mm / if your shooting too 150yrds then get a T20 with a x2 converter/lens, this will also let you shoot very close range by unscrewing the lens and having just the standard T20 left,

don't buy the nm800 , its a brilliant torch but a £100 over priced/ sorry but just giving my honest opinion,other thing is if you buy off the auction site you take your chance , some are ok but some are built by total idiots who are just after making a quick buck

I bought an NM800 with xsearcher head and all the above comments I concur with. Difficult to shift from spot to flood but capable to identify eyes out to 400m plus. The head of an x searcher is large so watch your mount- it does need to be adjustable. I bought the tube extension, stock switch and IR - will buy a red later. The best bit of kit but not cheap and a lot of bits are extras. I was in a gunshop in Sandbach and saw what looked like a useful torch - I'll check next time i'm in. I'm hoping the IR will be ok with close up objects (branches) and not produce a white - out. Been Ok so far !

Bought an Xsearcher head on an NM800 last week. Not mounted it to a rifle yet but had a play around with it as a lamp. Good strong robust bit of kit with a nice luminous switch on the end of it,

It seems to have 2 settings, screw the head right in and its a tight narrow beam, this I would say is roughly the same distance wise as a Lampforce 170 but far far tighter. I watched a badger last night with the white LED at about 130 yards no problem. I think given good conditions it should be able to id a fox at 200 yards, perhaps a shade further. Certainly I would say its not a 300 yard lamp but its early days. you may well get an eye reflection but I would be surprised if you can tell what it is and where its chest is. The LEDs are bloody hard to change, far better to buy a second head and just switch the heads over. There does not seem to be a high power but wider angle setting.

Second setting is when you unscrew the head about a turn, the lamp turns into a standard torch with a range of maybe 30 yards.

If I am not using this lamp correctly somebody please tell me !!.

Thanks

A

Bought an Xsearcher head on an NM800 last week. Not mounted it to a rifle yet but had a play around with it as a lamp. Good strong robust bit of kit with a nice luminous switch on the end of it,

It seems to have 2 settings, screw the head right in and its a tight narrow beam, this I would say is roughly the same distance wise as a Lampforce 170 but far far tighter. I watched a badger last night with the white LED at about 130 yards no problem. I think given good conditions it should be able to id a fox at 200 yards, perhaps a shade further. Certainly I would say its not a 300 yard lamp but its early days. you may well get an eye reflection but I would be surprised if you can tell what it is and where its chest is. The LEDs are bloody hard to change, far better to buy a second head and just switch the heads over. There does not seem to be a high power but wider angle setting.

Second setting is when you unscrew the head about a turn, the lamp turns into a standard torch with a range of maybe 30 yards.

If I am not using this lamp correctly somebody please tell me !!.

Thanks

A

Think your final sentence is valid. Try unscrewing the neck (and head) from the battery tube about one turn or so. Now press 'ON' halfway just so it lights without the click. Do this repeatedly and you should find three power levels. When you have the one you want press fully and this will be remembered until you change it. You say you have the white LED and for this one, this is facility is normally available.

Brilliant bit of kit with the red pill, you can alter the settings by twisting front unit and pressing the power button so you can have bright,not so bright and down right dim, it has a memory so it will stay with your last selection unless you switch between them quickly, tighten it up and stays on bright beam. The remote button is a must, you can get rid of the slop in the threads with some ptfe tape if needed, I found the best way to mount the lamp on the scope is with an adjustable type bracket, makes life a lot easier. Longer tube option allowing two batteries makes quite a difference with the IR Pill, I don't think there is much that can match the NM800

Edited by Redgum