Hide Pole Gun Rest

Well, I posted in the DIY section but some of you chaps may like to see this. I've just designed and printed my hide pole gun rest, so sick was I of untangling the muzzles from the netting.

Printed from Polyester it's stronger than ABS, water resistant, won't scratch the barrels on fits onto most of the poles I've tried. A cable tie can be used for extra security. What do you all think?

Edited by Beardo

We've been using one of these for years!

They were about 10 pence each.

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=df039d0cc417dc36f61968150b3c1523&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=308512&p=2786108&md5check=a13154d34797fa2ffb056d9234c5c96d&isRte=1,l8PuqRhht8,true,false,awlO5Ps5HmQ'); //]]></script>sku104197-(3).jpg&&0

+1

Guest stevo

Yours will need a tray on it for your fags.

I would also like to request a fag lighter. I can run it off my magnet battery Edited by stevo

Guest stevo

It can probably be accommodated as a one off print - 12v lighter is it?

Haha I bet you think I'm joking...

On a.serious note mick. If you do go into production I will have one mate.

Well, this is already available Jimbob. It's called the 'hide pole tray' and has room for a cup, or pack of fags and includes a rest for your gun.

The idea here is to have something you can leave on, doesn't twiddle around like the suggested clips do, is cheap and simply provides an adjustable easy, safe rest for your gun. Most of all, I want to be able to simply pack my poles away into a bag when I'm done without having to worry about removing a tray and losing the screws and bits that hold it on.

Edited by mick miller