when happens, how you deal with flinching?

Orangeclay

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With rifle or shotgun?

Best cure with rifles is dry firing lots of it and no punchy stuff for a good while long range 22 helps if you concentrate till you see the bullets curve in

Shotgun I suspect though similar is more about gun fit or inconsistent mounting creating a slap or whack intermittently and can't say much about the cure as it's not totally my thing

Most trigger flinch issues are caused by a psychological disorder bought about by years of subjecting the body to excessive recoil.

The work that Phil Coley published was written by myself some years ago . Although he undertook to research it further I have not seen any results.

That all sounds sensible. But ouch! at "The work that Phil Coley published was written by myself some years ago". I hope you were properly credited.

To successfully effect a cure we first need to investigate the history and cause.

Indeed. The methods I have in my toolbox treat every single case individually, and find every single cause. That's the power in it. It doesn't matter if it's a bad experience with a punchy cartridge, fear of failing, or something I haven't thought of, it's personal and individual. I don't need everyone to be the same.

I would be willing to babysit if that would help :lol:

Ha! How about whilst I do a round of Helice?

ehb 102 said

; If anyone has mental trigger flinch and wants to have a shot at getting rid of it rekon I can help :

she or he also said

; The methods I have in my tool box treat every single case individually and find every single cause.;

So, what you do when the trigger freeze is not mental but belongs to other category of causes that I know, I know 4-5 of them??

I can list at least 45-50 causes of trigger freeze, followed by flinching ,other than mental one , that belongs to those 4-5 categories?

What is your expertise to separate the mental trigger freeze from the others?

Thanks !

ehb 102 said

; If anyone has mental trigger flinch and wants to have a shot at getting rid of it rekon I can help :

she or he also said

; The methods I have in my tool box treat every single case individually and find every single cause.;

So, what you do when the trigger freeze is not mental but belongs to other category of causes that I know, I know 4-5 of them??

I can list at least 45-50 causes of trigger freeze, followed by flinching ,other than mental one , that belongs to those 4-5 categories?

What is your expertise to separate the mental trigger freeze from the others?

Thanks !

I'm finding your tone quite demanding. I think before I engage any more on this topic I want to see a bit more from you about your credentials and reasons for this thread. If you have a theory or information feel free to share it. I've shared my theory, and I have evidence I am right. Are you a sufferer? A researcher? What background knowledge are you working from?

I am a Traumatic Incident Reduction facilitator. I applied my discipline to trigger flinch, and it seems to have worked. Unlike the snake oil that a lot of practices sell, I consider a cure something that is in place after a year, so you'll have to wait for definitive proof. I have never seen a cause of trigger flinch that isn't mental, I'm just allowing that they might exist. There could be a degenerative disease that affects muscles and nerves such as motor neurone disease that presents in a way that the sufferer thinks is trigger flinch but that;s unlikely. Until I see your enormous list I have no idea if they are what I would call causes or triggers. Do go ahead and share it here.

"she or he also said"

:no:

I got a notification in my email about a post from OrangeClays but it seems to be invisible here. Maybe he thought better of it.

"Sorry for my tone but saying that ; the methods I have in my tool box threat every single case individually and find every single cause seams to me fishy

considering that trigger freeze has a multitude of causes other than mental.

Before I put up my credential can you answer to my question to understand where that confidence to cure every flinching comes from??

Traumatic incident reduction facilitator can work on some causes but not for all.

I am working on an ebook regarding flinching. I let you know when Is done"

I'll go through this one more time in case I wasn't clear or didn't say what I thought I wrote.

In my discipline we consider that there are two kinds of memories, normal autobiographical memories and traumatic memories. The first you can recall if you go looking for them, they are processed and assimilated into storage. The traumatic memories are held in tact, unprocessed, and when they are triggered your brain re-runs the unprocessed unassimilated experience, either all or in part. This means your mind is reacting to a previous situation, not what is what in front of you. If you don't accept this then the rest won't make sense.

My work is helping people find those root incidents and process and assimilate them. Each person has their own memories so each case is individual. Bob might have a fear of physical recoil based on using a badly fitting gun and 36g cartridges, Charles might have a fear of physical recoil based on seeing someone else get hurt. David might have a fear of being embarrassed by missing in front of people he knows. Edward might have a fear of missing because it's a failure and he has a fear of failure from his childhood. Frank and George might have near identical root causes e.g. fear of looking stupid in front of people but have different triggers. It is individual because every mind is individual

Applying TIR to trigger flinch is easy for me. And, for what it's worth, I reckon I could cure the yips as well. Golfers, take note!

> Traumatic incident reduction facilitator can work on some causes but not for all.

Shrug. The what is immaterial to me. I treat individuals, not disorders or box ticking diagnoses. I'd like to see any list of causes out of interest, but unless it's an abnormal neurological or muscular response I can't see how TIR couldn't be applied.

> I am working on an ebook regarding flinching. I let you know when Is done"

Hmm. Mine would be short. "Trigger flinching: the cause of yours is individual to you. Come and see me and you'll be free of it."