Airwolf FAC

spready

Ive just got myself a 40ftlb .22 Airwolf, so just after abit of advice really, do you zero them at about 50 yard? I've read up that they like heavier pellets like the Bisley magnum style pellets. one other question i wanted to know was , been using .22lr for ages and have either head shot rabbits or through the front end of the body, through the vitals and never had a runner from that , so am i able to continue this way with the .22 air?

The answer is 'yes' to all your questions. The zero distance will really depend upon your normal/favourite hunting distance, but 50 yards is a good place to start.

Heavy pellets tend to behave more predictably with FAC air, and there are several to choose from, but eventually you'll find the one your Airwolf prefers.

I have my 40ft/lb FAC Airwolf zero'd at 40 yards. I'm using Bisley magnums, 21 grain. Don't be tempted to go for the lighter pellets, they are too unstable with this wallop behind them. This gives me a pretty much flat trajectory out to 45 yards. If you zero at 50, you will be close on an inch high most of the way out to zero, so you will be using hold under and then holdover. Run yours over a decent chrono and see what its actually putting out. Probably 36/37 ft/lbs. Then you can put the figures into chairgun.

Well done on your purchase, you will love it!!!

Would 18gn JSB heavies be any good ?

Am sure on a Daystate forum a US member said it was what he used !

ATB

Matt

Not good in mine Matt. If you have a look on youtube, there's lots of evidence that much less than 21 grain at that speed is too unstable. I tried them through mine and the groups really opened up. I have alower setting on mine which is 27ft/lbs with an 18grn pellet. AA Field heavy at 18grns are very good at that setting, and way better than the JSB's. I think a lot of people believe a lighter pellet will go flatter/further/faster, but in reality, 36ft/lbs upwards the accuracy is just not good.