second hand pcp's choice

norfolkgoose

Hello to all im looking for your thoughs on a few pcps im looking at what i would like to know is the shot count, reliabilty , are they easy to work on and are parts easy to get for them.

1. webley venom sidewinder

2. webley spectre

3.falcon fn19

4.falcon prairie

5. daystate lr90

I had to sell all my kit last year but do not have the funds to buy new this time around and more to the point dont wish to spend mega money on a new rifle.

so i have a top budget this time of £600 ish i hope to buy a rifle,bottle, and anuff funds to make a nv unit.

the rifles above are faily close to me and all around the 300 to 350 mark.

Any thoughts or advice would be gladly appreciated thank you all inadvace.

If you are going for a PCP and want it for hunting then multishot is they way forward. I believe the lr90 is single shot, the FN can be both, nor sure on the rest.

I love my falcons as they are incredibly accurate and easy to work on but I've not had any of the others so can't compare.

forget whats in the list and go for an s410,,,, multishot and simple to work on, also stood the test of time,,a truelly excellent rifle

the lr90 is a very old daystate well built but single shot as said

atb Evo

forget whats in the list and go for an s410,,,, multishot and simple to work on, also stood the test of time,,a truelly excellent rifle

atb Evo

Your never going to get that sponsorship deal now evo :lol:

atb Evo

good advice there S410 great rifle :good:

hi im going about this weekend looking at getting a falcon 19 or fn8 lighthunter or maybe a brock s6 .

i cant seem to see any s410s below 500 and none have any bottles .

i will travel as far as colchester or cambs but no further as im in acle nere yarmouth.

oh and i would rather it be in .177 as im not likely to go fac anytime soon

Edited by norfolkgoose

Thought for you Norfolk Goose.

1) Hatsan AT44 can pick those up for about £300 new.

2) Hawke HD 3-9x40 AO, about £50 new

3) Mounts £20 ish new.

4) Studs - get those fitted when you pick up the rifle, Bipod £30 or so.

5) Bottle - Should be able to pick one up secondhand for £100 for a 3 litre 300 bar (or buy a pump).

That is £500 leaving £100 for making an NV!

The .177 is easier to shot for myself at the longer ranges and its so much easier when shooting when using nv where distance judgment is harder so the flatter trajectory off the .177 helps me remove a bit off margin for error. after all its about shot placement so don't feel the need for .22 at the moment as I don't plan on getting a ticket yet if I was going fac I would go .22 then.

but thats just how I see it.

All sorted now just got a good deal on a .177 aa s410f classic with a thumb hole stock with mod,12litre bottle,2 baby fill bottles, 2 mags, sling, scope and 3000 aa diabolo pellets and other bits for £400 so now well chuffed as leaves me a good amount for nv.

Edited by norfolkgoose

• 4 weeks later...