AA xtra s410 - advice needed

30-6

When i bought new s410 xtra ( years ago, old type with no power adjust ), it would not group satisfactorily. Sent it back under guarantee and they fitted a new barrel. When it was returned it would not hold a fill and slowly escaped air over time, rather than all the potch of returning an FAC yet again, i just checked the fill before each use, it never seemed to empty less than about 100 bar.

Recently after not using the gun for some time got it out of the cabinet and it was totally empty. Cocked the bolt and it started to fill, but i could hear air escaping. The air is coming from a small hole ( about 1mm ) in what is labelled in the manual as "filling valve body", the filling valve itself is the older straight push on type.

Although there were leaking problems, it did not empty rapidly as it is now. I have never filled the gun more than 200 bar, and now do it to 180 bar.

Can some one shed some light on the problem. These little niggles are spoiling owning what is a fantastic gun, it has had very little use, but when i do use it i enjoy it.

Had this on a S400

Fill gun as normal then hold the fill valve under water in the kitchen sink to confirm that is where the bubbles are coming from.

They might be coming from the valve body or from the washer under the valve.

If the valve is leaking its probably a bit of grit that has stuck or damaged the seal - they are about £16 to replace the whole body (cant be repaired) from Julian Bond - give him a ring for advice. Very nich and helpful guy.

http://www.airarmsspares.com/air-arms-spares/

The washer is pennies - again from julian bond

CAUTION the cylinder must be totally empty before you unscrew tjhe valve.

Takes about 5 mins to change - have some PTFE tape to hand.