.22 rimfire mod

hodge911

hi all i have just bought a new to me B/A .22 brno mod2-e on using my parker hale mod from my 10/22 it does not seem as quiet on th brno am i correct in thinking this because the 10/22 uses some of the "explosion" to cycle the bolt to load the next round thus reducing the bang that the mod has to silence ?? .

if so what in your opinions would be the best mod to purchase for the brno .

and yes i have a spare slot for one

Edited by hodge911

Moderators and noise are funny things as people hear it differently on a sound metter there's not much between any of them but people (including myself) are convinced they hear a difference so must be personal preference.

Try a SAK or Scirroco, I've used dm80, wildcat whisper and Hardy's as well no convinced the difference I hear is worth it. Stand a 25 yards a way and I doubt you'll hear amy of them.

You're right in your assumption - it's the gases recycling that cause the noise - on some S/A's you can lock the bolt in making them single shot, if yours has this option try it you'll be surprised ! As others have said above SAK's are as good as owt, they're about £35-£40 & used to have a lifetime guarantee.

HTH

I can't remember the make of my sound moderator on my .22, it is very quiet and pretty much all i hear is the firing pin hitting the cartridge.

25 yards away, the thud of the bullet hitting the rabbit is sometimes like whacking a wet blanket with a cricket bat, and off go the rabbits down their holes. i sometimes wonder why we worry about sound moderators. :hmm:

Edited by hyflier

You're right in your assumption - it's the gases recycling that cause the noise - on some S/A's you can lock the bolt in making them single shot, if yours has this option try it you'll be surprised ! As others have said above SAK's are as good as owt, they're about £35-£40 & used to have a lifetime guarantee.

HTH

Still do, but you need to read the small print! :good:

right o by the looks of it SAK is leading the race as to speak .......so I,m sitting here wondering :hmm::hmm: if any one up north has a one I can try before I go buy one as WGR have them in for £34 and bagnalls £32

If Weldon have em in for £34 and Baggies £32 go for whichever is closer to home mate. They're both good prices and you wont be disappointed honestly. The SAK will do the job fine. In fact better than some other moderators for double the money of the SAK. They're spot on :good:

ATB,

Pat

Sirrocco SM for me on my Finnfire standard length skinny barrel with Eley subs......... gave me the best groups compared to the good old Parker Hale, Ase Utra rimfire, SAK, and something-else, I also tried Winchester, CCI and RWS subs at the same time. And it was the quietest.

I guess the answer is to try and compare as many as you can for the best combination for your rifle.... especially if it's a skinny barrel as opposed to a varmint.

Good luck with that.

Cheers

Fizz

:ninja:

Edited by fizzbangwhallop

You can spend £32 on a SAK or £300+ on a fancy 'designer' mod, but I'd be surprised if you'll notice much difference between 'em. :no:

That says it all, the difference in sound moderation from the best to worst when using .22lr subs is hardly worth the trouble.

SAK offers a brilliant package, that is why it is currently the best selling rimfire mod by far.

I use a SAK on my WMR as well, does the job!

post-20848-0-38673800-1427440012_thumb.jpg

SAK WMR

Sirocco HMR (the second Sirocco..the first died and was replaced under warranty, when this dies it will be a SAK)

SAK .22LR

Cub .22LR (smaller and lighter but same money as SAK ......not as good)

SAK .22lr Semi

Edited by Dekers

right o by the looks of it SAK is leading the race as to speak .......so I,m sitting here wondering :hmm::hmm: if any one up north has a one I can try before I go buy one as WGR have them in for £34 and bagnalls £32

you can try mine if you like, I'm up your way for a week or so from Saturday.

Looks like I will be closest to you..... PM me & we can arrange a meet. I have a permission just a mile from me where you can give my SAK a go on your rifle........ :good:

I had a PH mod on my CZ452, and it was very quiet. however, I bought another rifle with a Sak mod, and swapped them over for comparison - the Sak is noticeably quieter. Might be that the PH needs a clean or that the Sak has had less use - but the Sak is now on my CZ, and the PH mainly stays in my safe.