A few this moring

turbo33

At 7am this morning, I was watching over a field of beans that was sown on sunday afternoon. The field next to it had been drilled with oats 5 days ago, and the crows were mostly flying to their favoured spot on the oat field. Unfortunately, the exact spot they wanted to be in a 30 acre field was 70 yards from a house and its sleeping occupants :unhappy: Splitting the two fields was a dried ditch full of gorse and a smattering of trees. I watched for a while and picked a spot that was right under the flightline.

I set up with three FB's on wires so they gently bobbed about in the breeze. I was using the 20g and home loaded shells, 28grms #6. It wasn't long before a dozen were on the deck. I was going to take in the FB's but they seemed to be pulling the birds so left them there. Then the gamekeeper appeared. After a natter, and a quick hide alteration, he joined me. We took it in turns to shoot, as you do. But with the slightly more exposed duo hide, the birds pulled out a bit. I had a quick swap round and brought out the 12g and some homeloaded, 32gmr #6 carts. We had some great shots and an hour or so later it switched off.

Finished with these. :good:

2015-03-25%2011.51.48_zps2pwjsmuu.jpg

excellent shooting mate and good to see the homeloads where working fine, will be out on them next week but at the moment up the wall getting rabbits sorted out

well done again and a good few hours spent out in the fields

atb Evo