Beretta A303

russian sniper

The one i'm looking at is a multichoke and comes with skeet 1/2 and full chokes - think that they use mobil chokes so i could easily get a full set cheaply. I always used 1/4 choke in the AL391 and did okish with that.

Good to hear that they are reliable and well made.

Cheers

Daz

I have both a 303 and 391. I only recently aquired the 303, it is a 28" sporter model in mint condition. I have been using it for clays and stuff the Bigots who frown on auto's. Of the 2 guns, the 303 is the easiest to clean, but it is remarkably clean even after 100 cartridges through it. The 303 is a bit ammo fussy, although the Hull Superfast cycle it without any problems, I have not had 1 jam with the Hull. The 391 will handle any cartridges, with the possible exception of sub-sonics. It is a bit more of a job to clean it with the valve assembly though. I shoot both guns equally badly, although I tend to use the 391 for pigeons and Instruction purposes. I tend to use the 303 just for clays, as it is unmarked, I am trying to keep it like that. With regards to chokes, I have a Briley I/C in the 303 and use that for everything on the clays job, I average 75% + on sporting and skeet all with the same choke. The 391 has 3/8th Teague in and that stays put too. I have not found a need to change the chokes, they both work well enough as they are.

Edited by Westley

Yes, both are extended. Yes, Briley I/C is 1/4 choke. The Teague choke has a habit of slacking off and I have to just nip it up occasionally. The briley stays put. I picked them both up secondhand. I have a full set of Briley's for my Miroku O/U but have only ever had 2 x I/C's in it. Never needed to change. Funnily enough all of the shooting grounds that I go to, mark a 'kill' on my card if I just take a chip off the clay. I do not seem to get any further reward for dusting everything !

Mine cycles everything I've ever put through it, except Hull Comp X - it didn't like them at all! Brilliant guns.

Bith my mate a303 sxp and my sx3 will not cycle these cartridges, the 303 is a great gun. Only thing i get at clays is called a messy shooter as the empty cases go all over shop, but its just pkayful banter as im part of a non profit members run clay shoot.

Just another small tip, I found the slight movement between the forend wood and the metal cup that it sits in a bit off putting when clay shooting. I removed the 2 screws that hold the cup to the receiver and removed the cup. I then made a card template to fit into the metal cup. Put the gun back together and check it 'feels' right. I then stripped it down again and replaced the card with a washer made from an old leather belt, aproximately 1/8" thick. Fit the washer and then replace the screws. I can now fit the forend nut without overtightening and with no wood movement. Hope you enjoy your new gun.

Thanks again guys! Good tip about sticking to 70mm carts too - have to make sure i dont buy any 65mm ones!!!

Just had a thought........ anywhere in the uk still stock parts/spares???

Cheers!!!

Daz

It shouldn't be difficult getting parts for the 303 in the UK, IF you ever need to.

Further afield I understand these people can be useful, although I've never used them!

http://www.brignoliarmi.com/index_eng.asp

Edit

Mine didn't have any problems with 65mm carts, handled everything I threw at it except 21g, they were a bit light.

The 303 is also very easy to over oil/grease after cleaning, don't, it will cause you issues, just the slightest hint is all you need.

Edited by Dekers