Perfect Days Shooting .22 Classics.

Elk hunter

Today was a tough one, I had to do target painting and repairing on the agenda for my next range day. But the weather looked good which is very difficult as I do struggle to achieve any work when the suns out. But I was up early with paint, tools and all my classic small .22 calibre rifles, the youngest is 23 years old and the oldest 135 years.

By 10 I had done 50% of what was planed, unfortunately it was to nice not to play. So out the toys came one after the other. Fetched a shooting bench out the store and grabbed a sand bag, then some targets, tins, 40-100 yards and the steel fox @ 200 yards.

Nothing serious just fun shooting. Trying to hit a tin @100 yards with sub 12flb was a challenge. Good job it's cheap to shoot as I was lucky to hit 1/10 shots. Although my basic rapid is used on a regular basics the other does not go out much. I don't know why as it shoots beautifully, smooth action and well balanced.

Moved on to the rim fires and always make me smile. Round after round tins, targets, swapping from rifle to rifle. All three are accurate but the sako Finnfire is superb really my goto gun in my collection at the moment.

Eventually got round to using my little .22 K Hornet C/F with a x1.5 powered scope at 200 yards the fox target was not pretty when finished. I can comfortably hit the base of a can at 90/100 but after that mmmmmm rabbits are safe.

By mid afternoon I'd had a grate day out, but had to finish what I'd started, painting targets. One things for sure small calibre rifles are bloody good fun!

Andrew

Top to bottom left.

Early Mrk 1 Rapid 7, 1990 Mrk 1 Rapid in custom stock, 1993 Sako Finnfire LR.

Top to bottom right.

1880 Oscar Grager Hornet, 1938 Mini Mauser 410b LR, 1937 Walther Sportsmodel V LR.

19b086d7b8d8368e609ab4668fb20a1e.jpg

Unlucky fox

14b6c83b5f7e2ecf1d2d7acaa576b0ba.jpg

Finally finished

a4a287134afa6f7d53148282dec652be.jpg