Can you buy a Benelli Super Nova 2+1 Pump shotgun with a shotgun licen

Tattooed

I'm sure others will be along to comment on your local gun shop but I regularly shoot my Super Nova at clay grounds. It is the gun I use for rough shooting so like to get a bit of practice in now and again. As long as you are sensible with it, keep it flagged between stands and be extra careful where you point it at all times then in my opinion you won't come across any problems at 99% of clay grounds.

Granted I'm fairly new to all this but I'm yet to encounter any grief from anyone at a clay ground over use of a semi auto.

The tweed army might look down their noses at you but you can just ignore them, as long as you're safe then as far as the ground owners are concerned your money is as good as anyone's and if they didn't want your gun there they wouldn't permit them.

Certainly if I owned a clay ground and I found people bullying others on account of the value of their gun I'd be less than impressed.

Edited by DeepThought

Granted I'm fairly new to all this but I'm yet to encounter any grief from anyone at a clay ground over use of a semi auto.

The tweed army might look down their noses at you but you can just ignore them, as long as you're safe then as far as the ground owners are concerned your money is as good as anyone's and if they didn't want your gun there they wouldn't permit them.

Certainly if I owned a clay ground and I found people bullying others on account of the value of their gun I'd be less than impressed.

Pump action and semi autos more often than not make a mess, cartridges strewn about.

Untidy shooters expect others to tidy up after them, it is also true to say that sometimes the cartridges cannot be collected due to where they land.

No one has mentioned value/price of the gun.

If you use a semi or pump invest in a flag so it can be seen to be safe from a distance as well as up close, and a magnetic stick to collect your spent cartridge cases and you will not have any problems.

Look, lets not turn this into yet another drama over semi auto users at clay grounds, we're all grown ups who hopefully don't need to be patronised about range safety and picking up litter.

I just wanted OP to know that semis/pumps are acceptable at most clay grounds if the rules are followed.

No one was being patronised.

Safe shots no matter what style of gun is used are welcome at all shooting grounds.

As are tidy shooters, again no matter what style of gun is used, often O/U users are as untidy as any, with spent cartridges

The only patronising statement made was perhaps,"Certainly if I owned a clay ground and I found people bullying others on account of the value of their gun I'd be less than impressed."

It does seem odd that someone who sells guns for a living would have such a poor understanding of the law.

I went into a gunship about 10 years ago to ask about his prices for transferring a gun up here,

He replied "you can't do that it's illegal"

Just turned around and left

:shaun:

what the guy in the shop told you speaks volumes for th state of affairs within some parts of the gun trade....

some shops will employ anyone to do a job that realistically needs someone with at least a basic amount knowledge to be successful.

luckily i have only ever been to a couple of gun shops were i have had this type of experience, but i can tell you for certain, i would never go back.

:no:

• 3 months later...