Not a bad morning

Davyo

After a poor afternoon yesterday (morning wasted as had to collect my S7 and then pick my shot gun up from RDF) i decided to back to the same field but at the opposite side as bird where landing there in a steady stream. Set up by 9.30, nice breeze coming from the west( across me from my left),30 FUDS set out in the tram lines as rape is about 1ft.Also set out 4 home made bouncers to my right,2x 3fts & 2x 2fts with the wirly to my left. (dead birds on the wirily & the bouncers).

Back in the hide, nothing for 30 mins then a group of about 60/80(didn't fire as didn't want to spook the lot, i needed them coming in in small groups so i just clapped them off).Had to wait another 30/40mins before one came in from my left right up the tram line between the 2 bouncers,bang blew it to bits(1/2 choke but bird was all of 10mtrs away) Nipped out to move the bouncers further away to try funnelling the birds bang on 25/30 mfs.Had a nice steady stream of birds but the wirly wasn't helping a few banked off,so decided to take it in and let the bouncers do the magic as they where bobbing about just nicely.

At 1.30 it went dead but 23 picked for 24 shots so a very happy chap.

post-30855-0-56132800-1427471774_thumb.jpg

post-30855-0-28710100-1427471789_thumb.jpg

post-30855-0-33959300-1427471809_thumb.jpg

Nice one Davey, bouncers look good matey.

Hope you're well pal!

Hi mate

Hope your keeping well,I prefer bouncers to my flappers or the rotary,the rotary I bought is one of those lightweight jobbies,supposed to be remote up to 70mtrs but it takes to long to stop once I see birds turning which takes atension away from the bird and you end up rushing the mount (hence Monday 57 birds for 80 cartridges).going to remove the remote and run a cable on a pressure swith you operate with your foot.

well done mate I like the bouncers what make are they if you don't mind thanks

The bouncers I make out of 6mm mild steel,but I buy the wing spreaders rather than weld 2x arms on.Reason for this is so the spreaders can come off and a turbo flapper mounted so it can be above the crop.Plus I like the wing spreaders as they fold back on themselves so good to pack away.There is some footage of one on pigeon decoying equipment I took on my iPhone when I packed up today.

Edited by Davyo