Hypothetical question

:hmm::hmm: :hmm:

An Open/Unrestricted FAC is just that.

It is down to the shooter to decide if it is a safe shot or not.

I shoot loads in peoples back gardens, as do many other Pest Controllers and no doubt a number of owner/occupiers as well.

In these situations I virtually always advise the Police what I will be getting up to, they have not raised any objections so far!

:good:

Just out of interest, how would shooting foxes in a back garden with a rimfire be cost effective compared to say trapping ? Time wise it can't be any different to trying to lamp or shoot them out in normal circumstances, in practice I can't see how a family would be happy to allow a bloke to set camp in the daughters bedroom for hours (cos that's the only one with the right sight line) waiting for the fox to show up.

Also if Open merely means any and everywhere we deem suitable then by extension there should be no hassle for people to get a rimfire just for foxes in their garden ! Just ask the FEO round and explain and show him the 18 yard arc of safety you've arranged for the exercise.

Funny how so many admit they reach for the FAC air in preference to .22 rimfire even in many farm situations, yet gardens are OK.