Diy flapper

Guest Wilksy

Guest Wilksy

I've just come up with this!its a fishing bank stick with a 50mm length of 22mm copper pipe wrapped in lead flashing, do you think it will work? and any ideas to improve it,cheers folks!

post-73985-0-23906900-1427542516_thumb.jpg

Guest Wilksy

Hahaha! It' has fishing wire through the under side attached to the wings and a spring on the weighted end, the hope is that the wind catches under the wings and the counter weighted spring exaggerates it's movement. its yet to be field trialled. It might need a string line back to the hide in light winds or more lead, I'll have a play about!

Guest Wilksy

I make flappers mate using 300 rpm 12vDC motors,on the same principle as the FF4

That looks great mate, I saw that trawling through old posts your a talented lad, I've got some ideas but I've got no welding experience or access to any gear, but I'll look into it! Cheers! Edited by Wilksy

Guest Wilksy

Nice one deny I'll look into it I love tinkering! That said my weighted flapper was **** this afternoon it got going eventually but it was a 20mph westerly!

Nice one deny I'll look into it I love tinkering! That said my weighted flapper was **** this afternoon it got going eventually but it was a 20mph westerly!

Re your flapper, modify a model car servo or a similar size servo to rotate a full 360 degrees , wire it up and make a bracket to fit on your decoy peg , connect the cord taught to the servo horn, one motorised flapper.

Guest Wilksy

Nice!

aye it's one of yours Oscar! I bought your starter kit aswell very happy with it all thank You!

use a old car windscreen wiper made mine over ten years ago,still going strong

do you mean I wiper motor Ladyjack? Have you got a pic please? Ta!