Hawke Sport HD Rimfire scope

turbo33

I had a wander round the local RFD's today. In the rack was a CZ452 .22, with a scope above title. I like the Hawke scopes and am very impressed with the 1/2 milldot versions. I've a panorama and A Sidewinder on my FAC Air.

This scope is different, unlike the normal Hawke Sport scope, that has a reticle the thickness of a knitting needle, this is very refined. The key point though is the yardage marking on the reticle. See link:

http://www.hawkeoptics.com/blog/new-rimfire-scope-available-from-hawke-optics.html

Clever idea and calculated to work with subs to as in the description. I would like to see this in an EV with a 40 and also a 50 ao. Now that would be a superb scope :good:

I have one on my Brno .22. It works as it says in the instructions. Zeroed in at 9 mag with HV rounds at 25 yds then cross checked at 50 yds. Moving on to subsonic rounds you then turn the magnification down until a bull is achieved using the centre cross hairs - in my case 6 mag which is what I normally use anyway. What I like about it is that the other aim pints are tiny x hairs. For me this works better than a milldot as it focuses the eye better with no distracting line in between. The x hair holdovers are marked 75, 100, 125, 150, 175, 200. I can say that the first three are spot on. not tested it beyond that.

Does drive me nuts seeing optical devices decribed as HD when that is a digital term! I know some will say they do have increased optical capabilities over other optical devices but just for me lets stop calling them HD.

You'd be better voicing your rant with the manufactures then rather than on here!!! :lol:

ATB,

Pat

Does drive me nuts seeing optical devices decribed as HD when that is a digital term! I know some will say they do have increased optical capabilities over other optical devices but just for me lets stop calling them HD.

Alleged HD (High Definition) scopes were available long before anyone knew anything about Digital!

:good:

The marketing term High Definition was bandied around on optical goods decades ago as any avid reader of exchange and mart or the ads in newspapers will recall on those adverts for Russian binoculars.

As for the scope being any good? Well I find it so and as I said above I do find the little cross hairs help rather than mildots. Yes it is like the SR or MAP or any other reticle around that matches aimpoint to distance and velocities. One could argue all new arrivals are gimmicks but that's how business carries on by producing the next new thing and convincing us we need it eg apple iphones etc

I must be an oddment. I just prefer the 30/30 which i have on my 2 Simmons Aetecs. 1 on my Rapid the other on my Rimfire.

Ive no time for all these gizmos. Im not knocking them but i like to look through a scope that has no distractions. But each to their own.