setup in the garden???

12boreblue

I'll shoot magpies in the garden at this time of year, rats and squirrels anytime. The woodies that come in the garden are a pleasure to watch although I still get an itchy finger watching them. So to satisfy my bloodlust I let fly at them with an elastic band and paper clips.

Everybody will have a different view on garden pigeons but for me my home is their home, whilst Crows, Magpies and Squirrels get short thrift for the sake of my song birds. I know it depends on how large your garden is but there is only one place in my mind to shoot the woody and that's in the fields. As I write this now I have one that sits by my office window that I nod to every now and again and he (one of a nesting pair) turns away as he knows that if he acknowledges me, he will have to move!

After shooting many, many thousands of pigeon and with no intention of stopping doing so, I respect these home birds, but boy does my wife call me strange when 50 of his chums lay cooling on the garage floor!

didnt think u cud shoot birds in your gardens. dont see the point there not causing any harm. let me geuss youve got bird feeders to. i love watching crows and jackdaws hanging upside down desperatly trying to get a piece of grain

Think you'd have to be able to justify crop protection...

Also, can't upset the neighbours with it either

When I do it, which is rarely these days and I don't go to the parents so much, I am surrounded by fields owned by a farmer I shoot for. At the first shot, birds lift of all the fields around me (crop protection), when I shoot (at) birds over my parents garden they learn it's not safe, and leave my parents veg alone (crop protection) and don't poo all over the laundry (protecting health and safety). I'm pretty happy I satisfy general licence and legal requirements, and I'm very lucky with where my parents live, don't even have any complaints from neighbours, although there's only 4 or 5.