Ferrari are back

Grandalf

''My point is why NOT put him up a PIT BOARD on THE STRAIGHT, if he cant handle info DURING the corners?''

Sorry, your point was not clear and not at all clearly thought out. I doubt any driver would want radio instructions/information at such critical times. It would be crazy to talk during cornering and not on the straight, surely? As they say, 'a time and a place for everything'.

Now lets see, the longest straight was over 900m? Even travelling all of it at near top speed (which he would not, of course) there would be the best part of 10 seconds spare for radio chit chat between exiting the previous and into the braking zone for the next? I would not expect Vettel to be wanting information relayed by radio while he was concentrating 100% at clipping the apex to within about 50mm at maybe 160 to 250km/h. So no different for Hamilton? Even more so while in corners close together or at a chicane.

If you give me the more precise parameters (speed, distance, average acceleration) I am confident I could provide a more precise window for chit chat while between any two corners. Pit boards can relay very limited information at modern day race speeds, but again, I am not sure of speed at the pits for that circuit.

No need to SHOUT, I know you are, err, heated; likely far more so than Hamilton was at the time. :)

Oh and sadly I think this will be Buttons last season :(

As do I. I like Button and would dearly love to see him do well again.

I don't know a great deal about F1, but what I can't understand is how a team can spend the out of season months testing a car and its engine, with all the hindsight that the previous season has given, with experience and expertise that all that entails, employ two former world champions, and still not have a competitive car at start of season. How does that happen?

Whilst the sport has only occasionally been 'edge of the seat', this development work feeds into the car market and does eventually benefit us all.

What is less attractive about the sport is that with very many drivers, the need to win overrides everything and goes beyond to sabotaging anyone else's chances. Mr Schumaker for instance, Mr Vettel, nico Rosberg to name a few Germans. Lewis is not great at being 'British' but he's a lot better than the last 3 as he wont sabotage other drivers.

Jenson is the best ambassador for the sport (apart from Eddie J) followed by Fernando, If McClaren cant win on the track, their drivers certainly excel off it. As for the size of personal ego's I would say Ron Dennis outranks Bernie but achieves rather less than the small, well-monied 'fixer'.

Whilst the sport has only occasionally been 'edge of the seat', this development work feeds into the car market and does eventually benefit us all.

What is less attractive about the sport is that with very many drivers, the need to win overrides everything and goes beyond to sabotaging anyone else's chances. Mr Schumaker for instance, Mr Vettel, nico Rosberg to name a few Germans. Lewis is not great at being 'British' but he's a lot better than the last 3 as he wont sabotage other drivers.

Jenson is the best ambassador for the sport (apart from Eddie J) followed by Fernando, If McClaren cant win on the track, their drivers certainly excel off it. As for the size of personal ego's I would say Ron Dennis outranks Bernie but achieves rather less than the small, well-monied 'fixer'.

As I posted above, he tried to take jenson out in Canada a few years back

:shaun:

As do I. I like Button and would dearly love to see him do well again.

I don't know a great deal about F1, but what I can't understand is how a team can spend the out of season months testing a car and its engine, with all the hindsight that the previous season has given, with experience and expertise that all that entails, employ two former world champions, and still not have a competitive car at start of season. How does that happen?

Now that is a most excellent question. I have very rarely had a firm favourite other than wanting to see Williams do well because I like Sir Frank, like to see McLaren do well because Ron likes Sir Frank and I supported Damon like hell because I like proper blokes but it really does baffle me how they can be 18th on the track.

No doubt brains like Pat Symonds could effortlessly explain their woes - it's prolly mostly to do with having to make adjustments for the new engine, it possibly having to be run at reduced rev's to ease it into reliability and not being at ease with its vibration symptoms. They have also had a couple of big names reassigned into different areas of the empire which may have unsettled some projects ? In other words I don't know. :lol::|:lol:

Simple answer

Adrian Newey

Williams had a Newey car

McLaren had a Newey car

Red Bull has/had a Newey car (last 2 years he has taken a back seat at Red Bull)

He exploits the rules to the maximum,

Sine they lost the blown diffuser Red Bull have gone a bit awry,

He has got bored with the F1 design rules and is now helping to design the British Americas Cup racing boat

McLaren hasn't won a constructors title since he left......

I keep saying it but McLaren have a duff car and have had for a good few years now....

Point I was making is that McLaren need a Newey,

Their cars have been under performing since he left,

They almost got it right a few years ago when in the last third of the season the arguably had the best car on the grid,

But rather than continue with developing that car they changed everything and put in trick suspension which failed dismally to the point they stopped developing that car well before the end of the season,

They haven't had a decent car since :(

Last won the constructors championship in 1998

Says a lot for a team like McLaren...... Build a car, PLEASE.

Over the last few years all the top drivers have had times when they lose their cool in the cockpit and throw their toys out of the pram over the radio, rosberg, button, alonso, vettel, its perfectly natural when you're so competetive, some of you have very short memorys or is it just you want to bash Hamilton?

It also surprises me that you guys form an opinion of strong dislike when you know so little of a person.... you dislike a man because he likes a particular type of music?! for how he dresses?! He could be a cross dressing hemaphadite folk gimp for all I care, I like to see good racing and he certainly brings that to the table.

I dont have a favourite team or driver, being a brit I like to see the brits do well but ultimately its all about good racing entertainment for me.

It also surprises me that you guys form an opinion of strong dislike when you know so little of a person.... you dislike a man because he likes a particular type of music?! for how he dresses?! He could be a cross dressing hemaphadite folk gimp for all I care, I like to see good racing and he certainly brings that to the table.

It's not just his taste in music or how he dresses,

Not everyone can like everyone,

I liked him when he first came on the scene, then I thought he became very arrogant,

Then tried for the sympathy vote by saying how Rosberg had it easy because his dad was rich and lived on Monaco, Hamilton had it so hard because his dad had to do 2 jobs just to keep him racing karts,

Had it hard?....try telling him how hard some of the poverty line kids have it in some of the estates in inner cities.

That's hard, not having daddy take you all over the country karting,

He is very talented and yes as I have said will probably win this years title again,

But I don't have to like the guy, he probably doesn't think much of me but it doesn't bother me as my dislike of him won't bother him.

It's tribal, people follow who they want, it's their choice,

:shaun: (Button fan) ;)

of course, just surprised me how you dislike someone based on so little.... as you say, each to their own.

Only a few seasons back I recall Button when he was in a competative car yet struggling with pace pretty much spent an entire season moaning over the mic making every excuse under the sun as to why he wasnt on pace.

They all do it at some point.

Classics from Rosberg like "Dont talk to me! I know what I'm doing!"

I don't particularly dislike any of them. If I had to choose I would pick Button as a favourite of the Brit drivers, and want the Brits to do well, but on the whole am totally indifferent to any of them really.

I just want to see exciting racing and it just doesn't come across as that. As a spectator sport it literally sends me to sleep.

There was a time I would hit the red button just to watch the race from inside any given drivers car akin to playstation mode. No commentary but at least I got that sensation of speed which is so often sadly lacking.

:yes: Didn't he once say live on tv when asked where Coulthard (?) was; 'He's having a ****'. ? I remember the presenters had a hard time trying to keep straight faces.

That was in response to where he was as Schumacher was having his leaving presentation/speech, funny(ish) but also quite disrespectful.

Just sticking to the point and speaking a foreign language.

Dunno, it's always impressed the hell out of me how they all seem to not only speak English rather well but are also quite familiar with the more obscure slangs, no doubt the British mechanics have a bit to do with that.

Kimi is smart, he knows what his media image is and he played to that in that very instant. At the time he was very much part of the F1 driver royalty and thought he could do no wrong. I am no Schuey fan but will give respect where it's due and he didn't deserve that.

Kimi has quite a large following despite his total lack of emotion and anything really except thin lipped monosyllabic answers.

He isnt being disrespectful, its just the way he is.

Didnt he once respond to DC who had said he needed to be a bit more outgoing and friendly by saying " I dont like all that **** " He neither batted an eyelid or smiled when he said it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought it might be appropriate to note c that nothing has been shouted by the ferrari lovers about the GP this last weekend.

I suppose they the ferrari lovers) would claim that Hamilton only beat them by less than three seconds, ha ha. What was it? Fastest lap set on nearly worn out tyres. Hamilton topped every practice session and likely each part of qualifying (not watched it as I am only just catching up since the weekend)

PS. I do know how to spell ferarri, just changing the order a bit - just like some did about the Malaysian GP. :) Oh, and Kimi might have caught Vettel if the safety car had not been deployed, so a good race for him.

I watched the interviews afterwards. Rosberg was wanting to attack Hamilton rowards the end of the race. Not surprising that Hamilton was looking after (nursing) his tyres during the race! He would have been ready for any late challenge.

Fewawi had the right strategy to beat Rosberg in Bahrain. The undercut at the econd stop was the key. Rosberg was likely to get Vettel at some point if his tyres lasted, but running behind the ferrari most certainly let in Raikkonen at the end.

I doubt Kimi would have managed to have caught Rosberg if the merc had kept ahead of Vettel at the second stop. Good strategy from the team.

At some point, Mercedes may well have to change to a team approach to a) ensure the driver's title and b) maximise the team points. First and fourth would be enough, come the end of the season, for the team win. For sure, the ferrari strategy at the race end would have favoured Kimi - if Rosberg had been in front of Vettel at that stage.

As for Hamilton - there is a long way to go in the series, but currently he has the measure of the rest, by a street. I would think Monaco pole might be on his mind, perhaps even before Spain.