What mod for 17hmr

Phil9

me too phil but on my WMR , have been thinking about a sirocco ( think that's how its spelt )

yeah mate all it is, over 1 of my perms I hav built a high seat just under the edge of the barn about 16ft high and it gives me a great view of the fields infront and sides of me, also sheltering my from the wind and rain. But when I let off a round even with the mod on its loud I no it will be louder because I'm under the barn and it will echo, so could do with a mod that's quieter.

Hi phil I too have the HMR and was quite pleased the topic has been well covered on many occassions use the search option for all answers

I chose the DM80 have a google search as its made close by to you

thanks huntsman I'll have a look now on Google

Hello Phil

I use the sak like you do but I believe from reports the Swift Precision Nightingale is the one to go for that or the ASE UTRA s/s dual rimfire mod,

I've just ordered a Nightingale via Mcavoys

Nice 1 how much was that if u DNT mind me askin mate??

Hi phil I too have the HMR and was quite pleased the topic has been well covered on many occassions use the search option for all answers

I chose the DM80 have a google search as its made close by to you

Same here and I'm happy. My not be the cheapest but it's easily strippable and looks pretty nice too.

you won't get it much quieter than what it is with the sak as it's the bullet breaking the sound barrier that makes the crack i had a play and put my cf mod on at £300 and the difference was hardly noticeable

colin

Spot on

Spot on

Edited by zipdog

i had calibre specific DM80s on the hmrs i had and now have a mach 2 with a calibre spec DM80 on,keeps the barrel length down a bit and as said easily strippable,there was a video on you tube where someone tested moderators and their conclusion was that a calibre spec mod was more accurate than a non calibre spec,noise wise i dont think there will alot in it

I have tried a lot on my HMR (and other rimfires), the best (JUST) was an older DM80, but it was the size and weight of a scaffold pole.

I currently have the Sirocco on my HMR (the second, as the first melted) I am not impressed, and that will get a SAK, like my .22lrs and WMR when it dies.

As has already been mentioned, all you can do is minimise the propellant crack, the crack from the sound barrier occurs a few feet after the bullet exits the barrel, and no mod is going to help with that.

post-20848-0-19988500-1428308772_thumb.jpg

The 4th down is a Cub on my pool rifle, don't bother.

• 2 months later...

The Saks will burn through after time on a HMR, I replaced mine with an ASEutra, twice the price of the Sak but its been on now for over 9 years, Its strip able, not too heavy and reasonably priced.

Incidentally while out lamping one night I took a a shot at a rabbit with my HMR that was probably around 90yds away ish. I missed, the Rabbit ran towards my position in a zig zag It stopped around 1/2 way, I took another shot, and yes I missed again. Yet again the rabbit ran straight towards me, It was not only about 3 yards from the mod, (my Ase Utra ) It stopped again, And no I didnt miss that time, but I can tell you my heart was trying to get out :yes::lol:

Sparkie was with me at the time and he was bricking it, He thought the bunny was going to eat him. :lol:

So the story is,, what you hear at your end is not what is heard the other end :)

The Saks will burn through after time on a HMR, I replaced mine with an ASEutra, twice the price of the Sak but its been on now for over 9 years, Its strip able, not too heavy and reasonably priced.

Incidentally while out lamping one night I took a a shot at a rabbit with my HMR that was probably around 90yds away ish. I missed, the Rabbit ran towards my position in a zig zag It stopped around 1/2 way, I took another shot, and yes I missed again. Yet again the rabbit ran straight towards me, It was not only about 3 yards from the mod, (my Ase Utra ) It stopped again, And no I didnt miss that time, but I can tell you my heart was trying to get out :yes::lol:

Sparkie was with me at the time and he was bricking it, He thought the bunny was going to eat him. :lol:

So the story is,, what you hear at your end is not what is heard the other end :)

The one thing I found with the ASEutra is it's pretty heavy especially compared to the swift precision mods!

The one thing I found with the ASEutra is it's pretty heavy especially compared to the swift precision mods!

Agree its a little heavier but its not a concern to be honest, not like its 1/5 a kilo. I didnt try many others, mainly because i was not aware of many others out there on the market at the time.