Re-occuring problem with Wolverine B

deputy dog

Cheers Bob that would be smashing mate, defo a road trip in the making in the future bud.

I must say for a fella I don't really know and only spoke to once, the advice and help you have offered is very much appreciated by myself. Fair play mate you have been spot on sound as a pound.

Only other favour a may ask of you, is get me a job where you are lol, the wages you must be on to afford all those Daystates must be very very good and another on the way, you must be raking it in bud lolol.you could defo pay for an half decent funeral out of the proceeds of that lot, but I hope your good wife ain't got to do that just yet hahaha.

Back to my Wolverine though and yes I think it's just getting on with it and using it and get the negative feeling I have in my head about it sorted out. Then things should hopefully work out ok in the long run.

Off shopping with the better half, so that's going to be a couple of hours of bliss (not) lol

Be good bud

Gareth

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI DD, i posted earlier that i had movement in my wolverine b stock/action, i have cured this movement by removing stock and putting insulating tape on action to build up the space to stop movement, look where you can put tape to best effect, it took me 3 layers of tape to get a snug fit and stop movement without over tightening stock bolt, i put tape at front of action just behind pressure gauge as there the action does not sit on the stock so you can wrap the sides and bottom in one go until you fill the stock gap, at the rear i wrapped around the trigger guard, take yours apart and look carefully where tape can be put to best effect. Hope this helps and maybe daystate can resolve the bedding of action problem or use two stock bolts on these rifles, a single stock bolt is only of use to the long cylinder of the huntsman style. IMO

regards Nick

Mmmmmmm-a thousand pound plus Airgun that needs insulating tape to seat the action into the stock? Sorry to be blunt DD but if I were in your shoes the Manager at the Airgun Centre would need a skilled proctologist to describe the gun to him by now. Did you pay by credit card?-if so you may have some come back.

Mmmmmmm-a thousand pound plus Airgun that needs insulating tape to seat the action into the stock? Sorry to be blunt DD but if I were in your shoes the Manager at the Airgun Centre would need a skilled proctologist to describe the gun to him by now. Did you pay by credit card?-if so you may have some come back.

Do you think evo may be needing a couple of rolls very soon. :whistling:

If you do decide to 'live with it' , try some double sided tape 'pads' between the stock and action, as its 3 x thicker than insulation tape, and will offer, more

resistance to movement. However ,You,will need to re new these when you dissemble the gun for cleaning though. Cheap and efficient fix hopefully.

But what an epic, DD, you are very patient, as I would have been in touch with Trading Standards a long time ago.

Good luck, whatever you decide to :good: do.

not had a single problem with any of mine except for leaving the factory running 10.6ftlb,,,strange but true, my huntsman is 4yrs old in September and I rang daystate for a service and was told it wont need one till its 5yrs old,,, its not missed a beat,

one thing I have noticed is they are using the same stock on the wolverine b and c , yet the c stock has 2 notches taken out of it for the plastic bottle cover to lock into, don't think that's right, if you order a wolv b then it should be with a wolv b stock,

just a thought gareth, see if your stock has the two notches taken out of the front under the bottle, if it does then its a wolv c stock and I would defo get it changed

ps,,don't need any tape guys,,all mine are solid and don't move :yes::yes: :yes:

You must have the patience of a saint to not have blown a gasket by now. The way you've been passed from piller to post is disgusting when you've spent money on a premium product.

If I spent that money then the gun would have to be 110% right. I would be speaking to trading standards about The Airgun Centre as your contract is with them.

I'm getting back on to them in the morning bud. I've had a rethink and your all correct in your opinions. Why should I live with a gun that I payed serious cash for and it's not 100% right. My RFD had also stated this gun ain't right and said its more a manufacturing fault then, the excuse Daystate said it was. But even saying that, the gun was bought from The Airgun Centre so my contract is with them. I'll be ringing them tomorrow and telling them that I'm seeking advice from Trading Standards About the problem and sending the gun back to them.

Either a new gun or refund is the only satisfactory way this on going problem is going to be resolved period. And I'll never ever do business with the Airgun Centre again afterwards.

Gareth

Damn right Gareth

I had a Wolverine a while back when they were first released and the POI kept shifting if you tapped the barrel. It drove me nuts trying to work out the causes of misses for about a week and what it turned out was the air cylinder was touching the shroud so if the barrel took even a minor knock or touch it would ride over the top of the cylinder by a bit and throw out the POI by about 2".

To be fair to my local RFD they sent it back to Daystate and the issue was rectified. The RFD then made sure he took it to his range and test fired it to make sure it was correctly fixed before he let me have it back.

When you have spent out over a grand on a gun you would expect it to be spot on and if there is a manufacturing fault with the gun it to be fixed and not bodged to make it sort of work.

I must admit I stick to my local RFD due to the service.

Once I was waiting to get something and overheard his talking to a supplier of a stalking rifle. A guy had bought this gun and had it a year but was getting a lot of of POI shifts but couldnt work out why and as he paid to stalk he want fireing masses of rounds through it.

What it turned out was when it got wet the wood stock was taking on water and expanding causing the POI to shift. The trouble the guy who owned it had was he didnt alway go out in the rain so sometimes it was ok sometimes not.

After the issue was finally tracked down the guy had lost all confidence in the gun so the RFD basically said to the supplier that he expected a new replacement from them of a different model at their cost due to all the hassle and got it.

Now thats the sort of customer service you expect.

Hope you get the resolution you deserve mate.

Cheers Neil

3 years ago I bought a nice used Daystate Mk4 which the previous owner had used for HFT. I noticed that the action had slight movement at the front of the stock

but this had no apparent detriment to the grouping. It was more annoying to feel the movement rather than the lack of performance.

I stuck a couple of pads on the inside of the stock, these being the fluffy side of self adhesive Velcro. Stopped any movement, a quick fix.

Just thout id add my imput i just bought a new £1200 ranger two weeks ago it wouldnt zero at all with at least 20 brands of pellets the stock bolt when tightened made the barell dip down about an inch and the block at the back lift up hence each time you teake it out to wipe and re fit the stock your poi drops about 8 inch .the grouping was about 4 inch at 25 yds so i took pictures and e- mailed daystate em to show how bad it was up till now they have had my gun two weeks and im getting ****** off im just gonna ask for a refund and buy a fx cyclone which was my initial choice .they are quality

Just thout id add my imput i just bought a new £1200 ranger two weeks ago it wouldnt zero at all with at least 20 brands of pellets the stock bolt when tightened made the barell dip down about an inch and the block at the back lift up hence each time you teake it out to wipe and re fit the stock your poi drops about 8 inch .the grouping was about 4 inch at 25 yds so i took pictures and e- mailed daystate em to show how bad it was up till now they have had my gun two weeks and im getting ****** off im just gonna ask for a refund and buy a fx cyclone which was my initial choice .they are quality

why on earth would you pay £1200 for an Air Ranger ?

april the first has gone mate,

or whoever charged you that must of wore a mask,,they are only £899

sorry but you,ve been ripped off

£301 for a scope ? I would want 20 tins of pellets, bipod,(harris) a strap, spare mag x 2, gun bag, oh and I,d want it delivering to my door by a dollybird who was free and easy for the night,

but don't tell the wife the last bit :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

£301 for a scope ? I would want 20 tins of pellets, bipod,(harris) a strap, spare mag x 2, gun bag, oh and I,d want it delivering to my door by a dollybird who was free and easy for the night,

but don't tell the wife the last bit :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

Of course I will, us wives have got to stick up for each other. She won't buy you anymore Daystates for Christmas if your bad.

Of course I will, us wives have got to stick up for each other. She won't buy you anymore Daystates for Christmas if your bad.

lol, I would never be unfaithful to the mrs,,don't want to wake up with a kitchen knife in my chest :lol::lol: :lol:

Sounds like a good lady. Buys you Daystates and doesn't want to share you. :)

She dose have to share him but only with his shooting buddy's . On a serious note after all the trouble with this rifle i would say a refund is the only way i would go.

Sounds like a good lady. Buys you Daystates and doesn't want to share you. :)

lets get it right ,, buys me a daystate (single ) , you ladies always exaggerate lol

She dose have to share him but only with his shooting buddy's . On a serious note after all the trouble with this rifle i would say a refund is the only way i would go.

as you know roger,,,,,, shooting comes first,,,,,,,well after I,ve done as I,m told :lol::lol: :lol: