Deer calibre assistance

spready

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the incident have you had any contact with the other party. Before naming/shaming give him a chance to come on here and explain/apologize.

Lots of people like myself rely on invites to shoot and behavior like this only makes it harder. If I behaved badly I would expect to be named and shamed, likewise I would also expect positive feedback if I act appropriately.

That way it lets people know who to avoid and who is trustworthy.

Far too many people do this....

It's happened to me on my uncles farm, crazy really...

people not putting in the hard work then stabbing the guy who takes him out in the back...I don't take people out anymore apart from a trusted few, and I've taken people stalking, grouse shooting, foxing all sorts...all my permissions are family farms so I find out instantly if someone has knocked on...

You just chose the wrong mentor, I think asking someone local can be a mistake. Its happened to me with guests I have taken out and they wonder why I don't invite them now I am sure they think I don't know. Funny thing is I have given other guys stuff I didn't want or couldn't cover in the past.

I don't know about name and shame now I am sure the guy knows the score now

If you don't name and shame he could do this to someone else. Maybe the next person could loose their land.

If the facts are cast iron as you say then what's stopping you from naming. It's not very fair on others to leave this piece of **** free to poach others shooting is it.

Totally agree with this statement, how would you (the op) like it if one of us asked for help and the person you know came to help us and actually managed to take over our permission and the worst happened and we lost our fac due to having no permission to use it on. I know I couldn't keep it to myself and see someone possibly loose their permission due to me keeping some scumbags name to myself.

If you don't name and shame he could do this to someone else. Maybe the next person could loose their land.

If the facts are cast iron as you say then what's stopping you from naming. It's not very fair on others to leave this piece of **** free to poach others shooting is it.

Totally agree with above. Can't see the point in telling everyone on here and not naming this person.

My offer still stands.

Daf

^^^Daf's a good fella to be fair

Someone said earlier to choose a forum member who posts quite a bit, even better if they attend some of the meet ups

Ps I think it's such a scummy thing to do, hope they feel the shame

I agree with paul223 daf is a good guy and trust worthy so I will vouch for him :good::yes:

I Wonder. I read posts #5 on the 16/4 & #6 on the 17/4 and post #7 18/4 All sorted now >> Eney miney miney mo catch a low life by his toe. They have only got to post on here " Not me" and a varmint might be flushed out of cover.

Edited by fortune

I have to agree with others. Needs naming : if they want to deny it and explain / defend their actions then they would obviously have the right to reply.

However as it stands there is nothing to stop doing this again to someone else in the future.

I Wonder. I read posts #5 on the 16/4 & #6 on the 17/4 and post #7 18/4 All sorted now >> Eney miney miney mo catch a low life by his toe. They have only got to post on here " Not me" and a varmint might be flushed out of cover.

I see posters #5 and #6 profiles have been battered since you put this on