The stress of Poachers

Michael.b

Ok guys. one of my permissions have is starting to become a pain in the back side.every night ive been for the last 3 weeks i have found poachers on there and have had to get the police in.

so i end up having pack up my gear and head off as when they come to catch them the blues are on and the sirens are as well and as you can Imagen everything goes to ground really quickly.

So what would you do keep at it with getting the police to keep coming and arresting them or would you just call it a day on that permission?

they have been poaching with firearms and dogs. me and a old friend i gave the chance to come shoot on there had incoming as a shot gun was fired and kicked mud up in our faces ( lets just say it was time for a change of under pants when that happened. the golf course owner asked me to shoot dead the dogs that are court hare coursing but i refused to do that. i do know they are having security cameras fitted all over the place atm.

stick with the perm,,keep informing the police and also let them know it is armed trespassing,

the courts will hopefully do the rest but one bit of advice is make sure you are always with someone when out on the perm,

atb Evo

when the shotgun was fired we can not prove or not weather it was at us or if it was at a rabbit or such and we was in the firing line. we know arrest have been made but dont no anything other than that. the golf course is happy with the job we are doing pest control wise and having the police sort poachers out. but half the time i feel like a private security company and not a pest controller.

You need to report EVERY incident ! Make sure that you keep a record of each event and ask any Police Officers that attend for the Incident Log Number. If after a reasonable amount of time (say 6 months) there is no improvement in the situation, ask the Secretary of the golf club to write a letter to the local Chief Constable, highlighting the problems and attach a photocopy of the number of calls and the relevant log numbers. Also point out that Armed Tresspass is an offence for which the offenders should be arrested and any firearms confiscated. The 'blues and twos' tactic is one that is used quite often to disperse any poachers and avoid having to 'search the area' for the offenders, but that is of no help to you. You may struggle getting the backing of the golf club, judging by what you say, it appears that they are happy to let you deal with all of the c**p. The other solution of course, is to walk away, but only you can decide if it is worth putting up with the hassle.

the one thing about this permission is it has everything. from deer. to pheasants (season only) it has flight lines for the evening shoots. we have had everything on there from Canadian geese pigeon deer hare rabbit Charlie's rats squirrels ect ect. thats why i would love to keep this place. i under stand subsonicnat why you said hit it hard i do agree with that method but then i loose out as well as the golf course kitchen as they have alot of the wild meats as well.

Sounds like the perfect perm so dont let it go fella.report everything to the cops everytime no matter what.as has already been said armed tresspass should be taken seriously by the police.we had ****** poaching and stealing on my little perm years ago but lucky for us they left after being suprised and confronted and told not to come back in no uncertain terms.good luck whatever you do fella.

Put up signs like those police vans have saying stuff like "If you've seen this sign you've been caught on camera" and stuff like that?

Also, catch them on trail camera, print pictures and put up on signs all around the land saying "Known poachers" or something?

I would personally go a lot more often - this way they'll start to feel like the place is under constant guard and leave it well alone hopefully. Once that's done, things should settle back down.

Again very sad! That people abiding by the law are not protected by the law?

The police should be made to deal robustly where firearms are concerned, log every incident and call.

The owner maybe needs to remind the Chief of Police/Crime Commissioner that it's armed trespass and confiscation time of all things associated with the poaching?

Don't give the permission up! but do stay safe!

What do you think?

UD

tell us what we should think ???

cup of tea at the ready

what would finding their vehicle do ???

Take their number, photographs.

Leave a note. Advise the owner to check the condition of their spare. The area is notorious for punctures and foreign bodies getting stuck in coolant radiators.

Works for me.

You all don't really expect the police to sort it, do you?

Put up signs like those police vans have saying stuff like "If you've seen this sign you've been caught on camera" and stuff like that?

Also, catch them on trail camera, print pictures and put up on signs all around the land saying "Known poachers" or something?

I would personally go a lot more often - this way they'll start to feel like the place is under constant guard and leave it well alone hopefully. Once that's done, things should settle back down.

So there are a group of people with firearms that are prepared to break the law and commit armed trespass.

I wonder what else they might be prepared to do if cornered by another chap with a firearm?

Pester the Police and expect them to deal with the situation appropriately, but taking the law in to your own hands could turn out to be very dodgy!

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

So there are a group of people with firearms that are prepared to break the law and commit armed trespass.

I wonder what else they might be prepared to do if cornered by another chap with a firearm?

Pester the Police and expect them to deal with the situation appropriately, but taking the law in to your own hands could turn out to be very dodgy!

Stop assuming! I said leave a note!

Avoid all confrontation yes. Feral predatory low life.

Edited by Underdog

have to agree, if these people are breaking the law then it is up to the police to catch them and deal with them accordingly in the courts of law,

if it was me personally I would speak to the police telling them your concerns and make a note of times,dates etc of when you see them, DO NOT APPROACH THEM,,just ring the police and inform them straight away,

it wont be long before they get the hint or jail term