The stress of Poachers

Michael.b

You need to report EVERY incident ! Make sure that you keep a record of each event and ask any Police Officers that attend for the Incident Log Number. If after a reasonable amount of time (say 6 months) there is no improvement in the situation, ask the Secretary of the golf club to write a letter to the local Chief Constable, highlighting the problems and attach a photocopy of the number of calls and the relevant log numbers. Also point out that Armed Tresspass is an offence for which the offenders should be arrested and any firearms confiscated. The 'blues and twos' tactic is one that is used quite often to disperse any poachers and avoid having to 'search the area' for the offenders, but that is of no help to you. You may struggle getting the backing of the golf club, judging by what you say, it appears that they are happy to let you deal with all of the c**p. The other solution of course, is to walk away, but only you can decide if it is worth putting up with the hassle.

Simple threaten to revoke the local Plod's membership of the aforementioned golfing establishment!

Edited by secretagentmole

Do you know how they are gaining access? Are they just driving in and parking up? Or usung footpaths? You do need to keep on at police and as has been said the golf course them selves need to start making noises. I know you said you would not drop a dog if poaching, and i would agree id have to be very annoyed to contemplate doing that. Like has been said, keep a record of everything, atleast then after a few months if no resukts you can put the file forward and ask what is being done about the problem.

We have similar problems here, then suddenly the problems travel elsewhere.

Although this could well be the source of the problem it is not always the case. I was on a coastal walk with definite signs of rabbits and saw two guys with battered air rifles. I asked them if they had any success and the response was Eastern European accented. Similar groups are causing problems by taking fish from our rivers. They undercut pay rates and then supplement their diet with free food!

Although this could well be the source of the problem it is not always the case. I was on a coastal walk with definite signs of rabbits and saw two guys with battered air rifles. I asked them if they had any success and the response was Eastern European accented. Similar groups are causing problems by taking fish from our rivers. They undercut pay rates and then supplement their diet with free food!

It's a shame but have had the same problems with immigrants on the broads netting stocks of fish and poaching rabbits , pheasant trouble is the law don't or can't do much other than take their nets and stolen dinghy or air rifle and their then back out at it again .

with regards to the ops problem I would stay at it call the police when they are there and log times dates Do not confront them under any circumstances they are the illegally and you have had a near miss already.

I would shoot it as hard as you can make it go quite for a bit and hope they go or better the police get them .

atb.

I know what you mean, they've eaten near all our ducks and swans down our river walk. The police can't do anything about it because they don't realise that there's two 5 o clocks in a day.