mel 3b - Pouch testing !

Salop Matt

Just as a few others have I have been sent a MK1 Pouch very kindly by: mel 3b............With the Instruction to test to destruction !

So slowly that's what I am doing, but punishment wise I want to treat it to some real life circumstances first.

So first thing that came to mind was "The dog ate it".......So I attached the pouch to bailer string and wound the Jack-Russell ratter up then for 10 mins let the dog chew it and shake it and maul it !

6CA7F8E4-EC69-4968-A734-A38D879F6BBE.jpg

The dog (Toby) loved this game but despite his little ratting teeth and me on the other end of the cord, very very little if any damage was caused !

Dog test passed !

Next I decided a moving vehicle test was in order.....

D3769285-9AFA-4EFE-BB06-459519C5220A.jpg

2.1 mile later being dragged at 30mph behind the Jimny on country roads:

D94E0421-CFC4-4F0E-BB74-63FCB0C85761.jpg

And still very little damage done, light scuffing to the leather and the button/stud:

DSCF0944.jpg

DSCF0945.jpg

DSCF0943.jpg

Still in 100% working order !

So now its soaking in water and will be frozen over night then left out in the sun tomorrow to "season" it a little for exposure as if left over out / lost over night in the winter !

Will report back and try to come up with further ideas for testing :good:

All good so far and cant recommend this product enough and it only stands to reason that the MK2 with the improvements can only be even tougher :yes::good:

Morning matt,

Those tests are very realistic and quite probably could happen during the life of one of the pellet pouches, itll be interesting to see how it stands up to being soaked and frozen and then baked in the sun, thankyou for taking the time and trouble to test it mate, these tests may seem a bit like overkill but its the best way to be sure that the pouches are really up to the job.

Well the soaking was done for four hours, the last hour in salt water and ive extended the freeze time untill tomorrow, then into the sun !

Then will do a soak in a oil and petrol mix, exaggerated test of it being in the back of a shooting 4x4 motor where there may be chemicals such as this in the "more used / rugged 4x4`s" (I think thats the polite term :D) .

Still trying to think of further tests I can subject it to !

great tests think your doing a cracking job their one m ore you could try like all car manufactures reckon they do and that's shut the car door 100 thousand times you could try shutting it in the car door its up to you if you want to do a 1000 times but it will be a long night have fun and I think if all goes well can you pm me as to purchasing one when your all set to go thanks