hw97

Underdog

Gents. I want to return to a good springer. My last one was a hw95. Good but for my awful off hand. Off hand shooting is important to me.

So, how does the 97 shoot off hand?

Is it flighty or pretty stable?

Is slinging one straight forward?

Is the silencer effective on them?

Thanks.

U.

i have both 95 and 97, the 95 can be a bit lively in the wrong hands but i find the 97 is far more stable with the extra weight and shoots off hand fine, it is even better since having a sandwell field sports tune done, fitting a sling is no problem at all using the under lever, just make sure you slide it far enough forward to miss the stock on cocking, are silencers ever that good on a springer but must do some damping. I rate the 97 highly but watch out for none Hull Cartridge imports. Nick

They are a heavy gun , shoot fine off hand if you can handy the weight , I went from a 95 to a 97kt and it is less jumpy .

Mine too has been tuned by SFS , putting a sling on is easy with the correct fitting for the underlever.

The silencer is ok but perhaps not as good as the one on the 95 , but then I think a silencer on a springer is little more than a gimmick .

The weight thing, do they carry well when shouldered?

Thanks gents.

To be honest mine does not usually need to be carried far but I have no issue with it when I have , I know your shooting is rather different to mine though so no idea how you may find it .

Its a pity your not local or you could have had a try with mine.

Guest cookoff013

whatever you do get, have it tuned up.

i`ve had 97 and 80 venom / vmach tuned, shoots like a pcp, good honest airguns. fps variation, none, recoil - if not slightly snappier but not to any detrimental effect.

i went to a hw80 years ago,

i`ve had

fx2000-sold for `97. bought a rapid MFR, sold and bought a hw80. i have never actually gone back to pcp.

I've had my 97k from new for a few years now, first thing I did was have some fun and blast a couple of tins of pellets through it so it was bedded in.

Out shoots me all day every day now, got a sling on mine and it does help if you do a lot of walking about.

There is a thread on hwoc adult moderators, surprised me the difference they do make.

Adult moderators???

Darn auto correct...

About moderators.

Edited by manthing

I use these for slings:

http://ant-supplies.co.uk/Pages/RifleSplitBandSwivelBases.aspx

As for how good is the 97/77:

https://sites.google.com/site/whfta1/results/2015-results/recoiling-class-results-2015

I saw only one break barrel HW all weekend. The HW underleavers are still the choice of champions.

Konceptus do standard moderator innards, but an adapter and extra moderator is still superior with a well tuned and sleeved HW.

Sorry cant help , I have had mine years and it was put on with locktite before nipping it up !

If you are stuck give Micheal Tawn airgun supplies a phone and I am sure he will tell you , thats where mine came from but he is showing out of stock at the moment.

I use these for slings:

http://ant-supplies.co.uk/Pages/RifleSplitBandSwivelBases.aspx

As for how good is the 97/77:

https://sites.google.com/site/whfta1/results/2015-results/recoiling-class-results-2015

I saw only one break barrel HW all weekend. The HW underleavers are still the choice of champions.

Konceptus do standard moderator innards, but an adapter and extra moderator is still superior with a well tuned and sleeved HW.

Thanks for posting that , evo I rest my case :) Seems I am also correct about the HW97 / 77 being a better gun than the Air Arms :whistling: