Essex masters

umney531

Three days gone, here you go.

http://www.essexgun.com/masters2015scores.html

Macnificent shooting from Mark Winser who was top until Mark Marshall equalled him yesterday so they're both now equal first on 189/200. Put in a 190 on Sunday and you may be in with a chance!!!! The red course is tougher than the black.... so if you're shooting the red first, eat a third Weetabix in the morning. Good luck.

Red course is definitely more testing. But we did see some shooters do worse on black than red. Quite a few rabbits on both courses.

all in all I throughly enjoyed it even thou I had a shocker on the red course. But had a pb on the black course so I was happy with my score in the end.

You all get a nice ride in a landrover at the end of the black course.

Ladies score is wrong

Cheryl Hall is leading with a 181

As Kingo said, lot of rabbits 16 I think?

Did I mention I hit 16 rabbits :) ( if there were indeed 16)

I would say in general the black course is 10ish clays easier,

It's not the distance of the targets, it's the angles that get you,

And as Mark said, you get a ride in a nice new Landrover at the end, some people even got to sit IN the car rather than the boot,

Oh and Mark, Blackie and his 2 mates walked back and missed the lift ;)

Isn't the weather supposed to turn on Sunday?

:shaun:

Excellent shoot, one of the best run events u have shot. Will be back next year.

The only thing they need to sort out really is the announcement of squads that are leaving and making people aware. If they had a loudspeaker type system I think people would of heard better and would of stopped the queues we had to deal with on the 2 days we shot it.

apart from that yes a very well organised shoot.

We saw no real major trap issues or clay refilling issues.

definitely will be back next year

I shot it on Wednesday, for the second year running and thoroughly enjoyed it.

We shot the black first and I found that tougher than the red, putting in a 70 and 78 respectively.

Will certainly look to do it again next year.

Had a absolute howler on the red course on Friday morning, started off well with only four away across the first four or five stands shaking like a dog parking his breakfast the drink and the Indian we had the night before started to take it's toll and the wheels started coming off. Ended the red course with 59. Had a two hour wait to shoot the black course at 12.15 luckily a thunder box session and some food put us feeling better to start the afternoon the black course was a bit easier with some tricky pairs. Ended the black course on 82 let too many easy targets away missed four last targets on four stands.

Must stay out of pub and curry house next time.

Really good time and will be back next year to try harder.

How did the rest of you all do, saw Nicky T and Will Poons scores well shot by both of you.

How did the rest of you all do, saw Nicky T and Will Poons scores well shot by both of you.

Will shot well......

I got 60 on the red course followed by 69 on the black.....

Was speaking to someone today who shot it yesterday.......chucked it down with rain and was freezing,

We had it cold at the start but finished strong sunshine both days (Red on Wed, Black on Thurs)

:shaun: