Clay shooting on Majorca

fortune

One of the son in laws is out in Majorca having a short break from work and I thought that if there were any clay grounds out there he could go and have a round.

Does anyone know of a link to any shoooting grounds out there? I've done a google but not come up with anything. Sometimes these grounds are there but they dont advertise their presence. I found a super ground out on Crete last year but I wouldn't have found it without the hotel manager telling me his brother shot there.

PS any link to a national .org might be useful

Edited by fortune

One of the lads in our club went to shoot a couple of years ago, organised from the Hotel.

When he got there there were 6 people and an 'Instructor' all sharing one Shotgun !

With one small trap operated by his 13 year old Son.

No Ear Defenders or Glasses!

Wait for it.........

50 Euros for 25 shots!

Needless to say he walked away.

I'm sorry I dont known whereabouts in Majorca.

Edited by mickyh

One of the lads in our club went to shoot a couple of years ago, organised from the Hotel.

When he got there there were 6 people and an 'Instructor' all sharing one Shotgun !

With one small trap operated by his 13 year old Son.

No Ear Defenders or Glasses!

Wait for it.........

50 Euros for 25 shots!

Needless to say he walked away.

I'm sorry I dont known whereabouts in Majorca.

Thanks for the replies.

Come on mate look on the bright side. >> they did have a shotgun >>AND >> only one person can shoot at one time >> AND >> Most of my shooting has ever been done without glasses and ears >> And >> there was a trap operator and a PERSONAL instructor, I did read somewhere where they used catapults. AND as the saying goes " It would be cheap at half the price" >> or a quarter the price. Still son in law is a blooming good shot and he would probably get a good score even if he was using a catapult.

PS to above. The shooting ground out in Crete was like a bisley type setup where they did all sorts of shooting and the guys out there were so welcoming and helpful but I would never have found it without being told about it by the hotel manager because his brother shot there and the fact that I had a hire car to get out there and I was persistant to hunt the place down beacuse there are no signs about the place. I even asked in a shop just along the road from the shooting ground and it took some time for the bloke in the shop to realise what I was looking for there were supposed to be several gunshops in Chania but I never saw any of them so they must be well hidden away.

I am seeing a friend this afternoon who has a house there. Will ask him and let you know the answer.

He did not know but suspected there was a high chance that a decent facility would exist due to the dedication of the German contingent who run some of the best partridge shooting on the island. Here are some contact details. http://www.spanishpartridgeshooting.com/

Sorry not to have been more help on this.

He did not know but suspected there was a high chance that a decent facility would exist due to the dedication of the German contingent who run some of the best partridge shooting on the island. Here are some contact details. http://www.spanishpartridgeshooting.com/

Sorry not to have been more help on this.

Thanks for that reply. I think that it is a bit late for the link above and IF he wants to, he will have to ask at the hotel if they know of anything. As I wrote there are these things out there but it is very difficult to find anything about them. it's not advertised at all and you have to have a car to get to find the grounds