Bit of action at last !

Tony G

After looking around yesterday morning and finding very little,Paul and myself decided to look at Lucern field on one of his farms We pulled into the gateway and didn't see a pigeon for probably 20 minutes There is a small spinney at the bottom of the field and we noticed a few flitting about so decided to give it a go as we had nothing else to do ! It was a bit of a walk so we went light as possible,hide,20 shell deeks and the whirly We set the deeks out in 2 groups with a gap in the middle for the whirly Two came in within a couple of minutes and they were both down and on the whirly Time was now 2 o'clock so we thought we might get a few coming back to the spinney during the afternoon as they seem to sit up in it a lot during the day Action was steady and most birds decoyed really well About 5 o'clock they started coming really well and at half six we called it a day having run out of cartridges ! (We only took 100 between us cos of the walk !) Picked 56 with a couple we couldn't find in the thick stuff behind us So what looked like a day that was going to be poor didn't turn out too bad !

Well done Tony , you had a better day than I did , better than two for one as well I take it Paul did most of the shooting :lol:

Cheeky ****** ! The ratio should of been better but some easy ones were missed and got all 3 barrels in frustration !

Fenboy, you are bang on there! Tony was missing them sat on the ground!

It was a good day out of nothing, we tried new patterns which worked well, the hide looked great.... And importantly, if we caught the pigeons eye, they decoyed straight in. Seemed better once the flapper was turned off, the new flapper remote control never worked beyond 5 yards anyway.

Hoping to get another couple of days on the lucern

Fenboy, you are bang on there! Tony was missing them sat on the ground!

It was a good day out of nothing, we tried new patterns which worked well, the hide looked great.... And importantly, if we caught the pigeons eye, they decoyed straight in. Seemed better once the flapper was turned off, the new flapper remote control never worked beyond 5 yards anyway.

Hoping to get another couple of days on the lucern

I cannot say I am surprised , he has enough trouble hitting something the size of a goose let alone a pigeon :lol: